Human Resources Consultant
People & HR
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, April 4, 2023
Zensurance is a scale-up InsurTech company that is re-imagining the commercial insurance market. At Zensurance, we want to empower small businesses across Canada to thrive by offering an honest, simplified, and modern approach to insurance. Our main recipe is a combination of modern technology and insurance industry expertise powered by our talented team members.
Being a technology-forward company, we utilize various tools and platforms to create fun, engaging and meaningful work experiences for our employees, as a remote-first company.
We are boldly going where no insurance broker has gone before!
Zensurance’s HR team is growing! We are looking for a Human Resources Consultant to join our team to provide expertise
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources & Talent Acquisition, you will be joining a dynamic team of HR professionals driven to provide support and guidance in all things people and culture to our entire organization.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the HR team with technical expertise in a broad range of HR functions including the design, implementation and management of various programs and processes. You will also work to update, maintain and improve our employee handbook, and work with business groups within the organization to provide HR guidance and support as a trusted business partner.
If you are a talented HR individual contributor that enjoys building, managing company-wide HR projects and supporting managers and employees with various people related situations; this role would not only support your strengths but will also support the build of new skills and development opportunities.
- Support the human resources business team with its strategic objectives, team performance, day-to-day activities ensuring all tasks, targets, processes and procedures are completed.
- Support the development of team members in a broad range of human resources knowledge, policies, process, strategies and legal considerations associated with the entire employee life cycle.
- Support the team on escalated issues (e.g. performance management, leaves, terminations, etc.) and all administrative human resources activities.
- Support payroll activities, by assisting with providing accurate employee related information and updates to payroll in a timely manner.
- Provides support in the management and administration of the company-wide Group Benefits Plan by working with the human resources team and the administrator.
- Support on all internal and external communications and correspondence with respect to employee leaves (i.e. statutory leaves, parental, disability, family, bereavement, etc.).
- Work closely with the Human Resources Director in the development, design, implementation, maintenance and administration of human resources processes, policies, programs and projects (i.e. job analysis, job evaluations, job descriptions, job postings, total compensation benchmarking, HRIS management, performance appraisals, performance improvement process, onboarding, offboarding, employee handbook, etc.).
- Work as an HR Business Partner and actively build strong relations with employees and managers to provide coaching, feedback, advice, administration and consultation on low to high complex human resources matters and employment related issues (i.e. such as employee relations, diversity, equity and inclusion, performance management, off-boarding and exit interviews, talent management, disability management, benefits, workplace investigations, work accommodations, and compensation administration).
- Ensure that established policies and processes are followed by all employees and take initiative to develop solutions for improvement where gaps are identified either within a group or department to enhance employee experience and mitigate risk.
- Develop, design and facilitate training materials/presentations to communicate to the business units and employees on human resources activities, processes, procedures and programs.
- Proactively lead with diversity, equity and inclusion in creating practices, policies and supporting the diversity, equity and inclusion employee group and the business on DEI matters.
- Work closely with outside stakeholders (e.g. employment counsel, employee relations, etc.) with respect to escalated, legal and contentious human resources and talent acquisition matters.
- Create, analyze and interpret human resources analytics and metrics (e.g. turnover rate, benefits, headcount, etc.), to support human resources and talent management strategies.
- As needed, work closely with the talent acquisition team to assist with all aspects of job openings (i.e. job postings, interviews, hiring dashboard, candidate management, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- 6+ years related work experience in the human resources field.
- University degree or college diploma in a technical, vocational or academic program or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation or Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) designation or working towards it or equivalent human resources designation(s).
- 2+ years of experience coaching, mentoring, leading a team, projects or as a success partner, related to human resources strategies and processes.
- Knowledge of human resources trends, case law, and legislation that applies to various provinces.
- Experience in department or organization-wide human resources design, development and implementation.
- Deep understanding in talent management, employee lifecycle, organizational culture, performance reviews, and disciplinary action.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, designing, creating, auditing, implementing, communicating and maintaining internal human resources policies and processes (e.g. compensation structures, performance management, onboarding, offboarding, employee handbook, etc.).
- Proficiency with Human Resources Information System (HRIS) software, Google Workspace, Zoom, Google Forms, and Slack, or similar office tools.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, analytical, financial skills, record keeping, leadership and problem-solving skills.
- A proactive approach to problems and issues, working ahead of potential challenges.
- Keen eye for details, professional attitude, confidence and ability to maintain confidentiality.
Perks we offer at Zensurance:
• Opportunity to work for Canada’s fastest-growing #insurtech scale-up
• Primarily remote work environment available to everyone
• Laptop, extra monitor and main accessories are provided
• Extra home office and supplies allowance to help with work-from-home set up
• Comprehensive and flexible health and dental plans to suit all lifestyles, including mental health
• Health/Personal Spending Accounts to subsidize your healthy habits and purchases
• Parental Leave Top Up
• Work from anywhere opportunities up to 60 days per occurrence
• Weekly Friday companywide huddles for casual catch-ups with other departments
• Build next-level relationships with your peers through scheduled companywide virtual and in-person team-building events
• Be a part of something special. We are confident you won’t find any other insurance company like us :)
Who we are. What we're building.
Business is hard work, insurance doesn’t have to be!
At Zensurance we believe that teamwork makes the dream work.
We are passionate about providing business owners with the best insurance solutions at great rates through an online and easy-to-use platform.
Our secret sauce is all about our culture. Here at Zensurance our culture is built on four core values that we live and breathe daily. They are:
INTEGRITY: We do what's right.
INCLUDE: We are an open and safe space for all.
INVENT: We take an innovative approach to creating straightforward solutions for our customers.
DELIVER: We set ambitious goals and hold ourselves accountable for achieving them.
Zensurance celebrates diversity in its workforce structure and encourages applications from all backgrounds.
Zensurance is an inclusive employer that celebrates diversity in its workforce structure. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the recruiter if you require accommodation; to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We understand that looking for a new exciting opportunity can be time-consuming. We truly appreciate your time in going through the job posting and applying for a position with us.
See more open positions at Zensurance
Something looks off?