Senior Backend Engineer I (Vancouver)
Vancouver, BC, Canada · Remote
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2023
What does success look like for you? For folks here, it means thriving in a high-autonomy environment and tackling complex problems in a technical space that is constantly changing and evolving. Engineers on our teams are focused on writing great code, but more-so collaborating with Product, Design, and other team members to define what games mean on the blockchain, and creating this new opportunity for our users.
As a Software Engineer at Dapper, you'll be at the forefront of our mission, developing your professional expertise and gaining proficiency in various technical aspects of your role. You'll collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, learning quickly and making steady progress on tasks, all while taking ownership of small-to-medium tasks from planning and development through to completion.
A little about you:
- Technical Proficiency: You have the ability to quickly gain proficiency when exposed to unfamiliar technical patterns, systems, or languages. You thrive in challenging technical environments and are unafraid to explore new tools and approaches to solve complex problems.
- Problem Solving: You excel at unblocking team members when they face technical challenges, demonstrating your ability to make steady progress on tasks and knowing when to seek help to overcome obstacles.
- Communication: You are a strong communicator, capable of collaborating effectively with non-technical functions such as Product and Design teams. You understand how your work fits into larger projects and can identify and address potential issues with project requirements.
- Ownership and Prioritization: You take ownership of small-to-medium tasks, ensuring they are planned and executed effectively. You can prioritize tasks effectively, avoiding unnecessary focus on unimportant details.
- Support: You are capable of providing support for your area, even in parts that you may not be familiar with. You work well within a team and can adapt to different aspects of your role as needed.
The following considered a bonus:
- Familiarity with our commonly used technology choices, including Golang, GraphQL, Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience in developing DApps or interacting with blockchains.
- Understanding of the deployment process, with comfort using tools like Docker, containers, and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of event-driven architecture, including familiarity with Kafka, and comfort with eventual consistency across multiple services.
- Strong understanding of application and API security best practices.
- $132,000 - $167,000 CAD base salary + stock options
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs uses blockchain technology to make web3 experiences easy, safe and fun.
Since it was founded in 2018, Dapper Labs has given enthusiasts a real stake in the game by bringing them closer to the brands they love, building engaged and exciting communities for them to contribute to, and producing new pathways for them to become creators themselves.
Dapper Labs is the makers of the Dapper Platform - the trusted gateway to digital worlds - and the officially-licensed digital video collectibles including NBA Top Shot, NFL All Day, UFC Strike and LaLiga Golazos.
Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures (GV), Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. Dapper Labs’ studio partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL and NFLPA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, as well as 100+ others.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.