Associate Architect, Business & Integration Services
Founded in 2002, Zafin offers a SaaS product and pricing platform that simplifies core modernization for top banks worldwide. Our platform enables business users to work collaboratively to design and manage pricing, products, and packages, while technologists streamline core banking systems.
Zafin is backed by significant financial partners committed to accelerating the company’s growth and fueling our continued innovation. Our clients benefit from our 60 ecosystem partners and over 500 talented employees spread across 13 global offices. Zafin is proud to be recognized as a top employer and certified Great Place to Work® in Canada, UK and India.
Zafin is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, with offices and customers around the globe including ING, CIBC, HSBC, Wells Fargo, PNC, and ANZ.
What is the opportunity?
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Global Customers or Associate Director, Global Customers or Chief Customer Officer, the Associate Architect, Technology & Integration Services will develop solutions in the context of the business capabilities of the customer. Understand customer needs and strategy, and align needs to our product portfolio. Lead customer engagements from a functional and integration perspective / play an active lead role in a team managed by the customer. Be a part of a collaborative cross-functional squad delivering value to a customer. Be a subject matter expert aware of both the customer’s business needs and our product capabilities. Be a guide consulting with the customer on the right way to implement solutions to address business problems.
Location: Toronto, Ontario
What will you do:
- Articulate solutions to address business problems
- Define functional and business architecture within the context of the overall enterprise business framework
- Develop business architecture strategy based on situational awareness of various business scenarios and motivations of clients
- Define the data shared across the enterprise and the relationships between data in relation to their impact and use from a business and strategic perspective
- Support and align efforts to meet customer business needs as a part of software delivery
- Work with senior team members to present product capabilities to customers and partners
- Participate in requirements elicitation
- Conduct discovery and JAD sessions
- Document customer requirements
- Create, review and present specification documents
- Conduct walkthroughs to clarify customer requirements
- Verify configurations as a part of acceptance before software delivery to customer
- Communicate proactively with customers and internal team members to deliver business value as a part of daily work management
- Lead triage sessions with customers and partners
- Train and guide junior members of the team to obtain necessary product and project knowledge
- Support team in developing product and customer knowledge base
- Support pre-sales efforts to acquire new customers and projects
What do I need to succeed?
- Degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience
- A certification in Business Analysis
- Domain knowledge of banking and financial institutions and/or large enterprise IT environment
- A basic knowledge of cloud concepts is desirable
- Multiple years of experience working with customers and partners
- Agile, Scrum experience
- Experience planning and deploying business and IT initiatives
- Experience modelling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Experience with process methodologies used in software industry
- Experience with automation of repeatable processes
- Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Wiki
- Modelling tools
- Must be familiar with our product or a product used by financial institutions in a similar space
- Must be able to use and work with user interface based applications
Nice to Have:
- Customer facing skills : Connect, Engage, Listen, Explain, Relate, Trust
- Strong, clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and can foster team collaboration.
- Ability to negotiate and convince
- Ability to identify innovative solutions to problems
- Out of the box thinking approach
- Ability to conceptualize and articulate new approaches and solutions
- Ability to collaborate and communicate to achieve positive outcomes
- Strong ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Able to work under stress and conflicting timelines, when necessary
- Pro-active and has a strong desire to learn.