Technical Support Engineer
Founded in 2002, Zafin offers a SaaS product and pricing platform that simplifies core modernization for top banks worldwide. Our platform enables business users to work collaboratively to design and manage pricing, products, and packages, while technologists streamline core banking systems.
Zafin is backed by significant financial partners committed to accelerating the company’s growth and fueling our continued innovation. Our clients benefit from our 60 ecosystem partners and over 500 talented employees spread across 13 global offices.
Zafin is proud to be recognized as a top employer and certified Great Place to Work® in Canada, UK and India. Zafin is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, with offices and customers around the globe including ING, CIBC, HSBC, Wells Fargo, PNC, and ANZ.
What is the opportunity?
As a Technical Support Engineer within Enterprise Technology Group, you will learn, grow, and contribute as part of ahighly competent IT Department, supporting a leading-edge mixed cloud and on-premises environment. This role is based at Trivandrum, India
As a Technical Support Engineer within Technology Group, you will learn, grow, and contribute as part of a highly competent team, supporting a leading-edge mixed cloud and on-premises environment. This role is accountable for maintaining the cloud applications and platforms as well as on-premises infrastructure for the organization. This role is responsible for identifying and resolving any issues in the domain delivering an excellent end-user experience.
This role reports to the Manager, Technology Group.
- Perform implementation, administration and support responsibilities for cloud applications, platforms and systems including, but not limited to the below:
- Microsoft 365
- Microsoft Azure cloud
- Microsoft End Point management / Intune
- Windows and Linux technology stack
- Active Directory
- Atlassian products – Jira, Confluence
- Network Administration (routers, firewalls, switches)
- Security Patching & Vulnerability management
- Backups and Restores
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Provisioning of end users devices
- Software distribution
- Upgrades, repairs, and preventive maintenance on IT equipment s
- System security
- Provide Help Desk support, including.
- Provide support to end users experiencing hardware, software, and
- networking issues on-site or via remote-access systems.
- Incident response and service request management
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve system issues
- Collaborate well with stakeholders and within the team to ensure time-bound resolution of issues and service requests
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Ensure proper recording, documentation, and closure of support tickets as per IT Service Management standards.
- Adhere to established Change Management process standards.
- Participate in Team Meetings, Project Sprints, and other collaborations.
- Work on complex technical projects in an Agile environment.
- End user training for employees
- Prepare user documentation, procedures, and relevant training materials.
- Assist in statistical data capture of key metrics for IT reporting.
- Research and report on new technologies that would help the organization to meet new and ever-changing business goals and requirements.
- Proactive issue remediation and service mindset to maintain excellent end user Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 4-8 years of proven working experience in the field of IT administration
- Sound knowledge in cloud concepts and working experience in at least one cloud platform, preferably Microsoft Azure
- Experience in administering Microsoft 365 suite of applications.
- Solid experience with Infrastructure components (Compute, Storage, Networking, virtualization)
- Familiarity with Atlassian Jira and Confluence
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with experience in issue triaging and resolution as per ITSM standards
- Good interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A genuine passion for technology
- A love for helping people and solving problems.
- An instinct to communicate and collaborate with others.
- A desire to work hard, learn, and grow.
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Strong work ethic and flexible to take on varied responsibilities.
- Must be willing to work on roaster based rotational shift to provide overlapping time zone support.
- Experience working with large enterprise IT environment.
- Experience with automation software
- Experience with IaC (Infrastructure as Code) deployment
- Experience with Containers (Docker / Kubernetes)
- Scripting skills
- Advanced knowledge on information security
What's in it for you?
If you work with us, we expect you’ll show the spirit, drive, and intellect that makes you great. We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive remuneration and benefits, and excellent opportunities for professional and personal growth. If you believe you are up for the challenge, please apply.
Zafin welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.