Wirkn is a rapidly growing technology company that provides a modern approach to recruitment in the mall, retail, and hospitality industries. Our mobile-first solution allows job seekers to find and apply for jobs while employers can manage their recruitment needs in the field. We are passionate about creating a more flexible and diverse job market, and our team is dedicated to positively impacting the industry. We encourage you to test-drive our candidate experience at Wirkn.com.
As a Tech Lead at Wirkn, you will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of 5+ developers & QA to deliver the next generation of its high-quality software solutions and supporting architecture to meet the needs of our clients.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Creating an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture based on CI/CD
- Mentoring and coaching team members to ensure continuous learning and development.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify and resolve issues.
- Helping to design and implement the architecture of software solutions.
- Leading the development team and ensuring all team members work efficiently and effectively towards project goals.
- Writing clean, maintainable code and reviewing code written by team members.
- Improving and maintaining the software and systems infrastructures through DevOps and QA automation.
- Ensuring that the development and technical roadmaps are aligned with the company's strategic goals.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- A mentality to solve real-world business problems using code, strong development expertise, and a desire to win.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field; or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience in software development, with a strong understanding of software development principles and practices.
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership or management role, with demonstrated success in leading, mentoring, and managing a team of developers.
- Strong experience with RESTful APIs, React, and TypeScript.
- Strong experience in implementing DevOps (Collaboration, Automation, and CI/CD), including the ability to facilitate collaboration between teams involved in SDLC, automating releases and tests, and identifying areas for improvement.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- A passion for software development and a desire to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies.
- Eligible to work in Canada
About Wirkn’s stack:
- NestJS, TypeScript, Socket.io
- Next.js, React, React Native
- PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, and multiple AWS technologies.
- Amazing work environment
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- 100% remote (except punctual company meetings or activities)
- ESOP plan
- Health including dental
If you are a highly motivated and experienced software development professional looking for an opportunity to lead a talented team and make a difference in the job market. In that case, we encourage you to apply for this position.