Poppy & Peonies | Social Media Manager
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2024
PSA: Bloom is a full-service workplace design consultancy representing Poppy & Peonies on their search for an Social Media Manager to join their team. As Talent Advisors, we will be the liaison between Poppy & Peonies and yourself during this recruitment process. We do not use fancy tech to search through resumes at Bloom; every resume is reviewed by a human to ensure that we attain a consistent and equitable interview process. You will directly join the team at Poppy & Peonies if you are selected as the successful candidate. We look forward to receiving your application!
_ _ _ _
Hi, I’m Natalie Dusome, Founder and CEO of Poppy & Peonies, a fun and energetic brand that believes styles and function should co-exist. We’re passionate about creating practical pieces that help make life a little easier and lighten the load, literally.
Building Poppy & Peonies has been a wild adventure. The journey began when my daughter Poppy was born and my accessories no longer worked with my new life as a mom, I needed bags with pockets and organization that looked cool and had functionality. I couldn’t find it, so I decided to create it, and in 2015 Poppy & Peonies was born.
We’ve come a long way in five years – from filling orders in my basement to appearing on Dragons’ Den, and now, expanding into new product categories and collaborating with some exciting influencers and brands. I’d be lying if I said it’s been nothing but smooth sailing, but thanks to our incredible community, we’ve never felt more loved and supported!
We believe in our responsibility to care for our environment and we are passionate about preserving the health and welfare of our planet, and the animals that live on it. All of our bags are made from high-quality vegan leather, and our entire product line is vegan, cruelty-free, and PETA-approved. We ship our products plastic-free and we use a combination of recycled, compostable, and biodegradable materials to mitigate shipping waste, and we are constantly looking for new ways to make our products and supply chain more sustainable to reduce our carbon footprint.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Social Media Manager to bring Poppy & Peonies’ brand personality and vision to life through our social channels. You’ll work directly with myself (Nat) to grow our brand awareness and help build online communities across multiple platforms. You’ll play a key role in driving our social media strategy, focusing on content creation, strategic partnerships and creatively showcasing our products.
- Develop, manage and execute a social media strategy and calendar with the overall marketing and business objectives.
- Create and execute social content to increase online community engagement and sales.
- Support style shoots and create video content of new products to showcase on social channels.
- Create a brand persona through the brand’s online channels.
- Source and manage relevant influencers or complementary brands to grow the company’s social following.
- Develop plans and recommendations that look at both traditional and non-traditional ways of reaching the consumer with a brand message within all social channels.
- Work together with Poppy & Peonies' marketing agency and designers to create compelling content for publication or campaigns.
- Respond to customer queries through social networks in a timely and appropriate manner, maintaining the brand's reputation.
- Own and manage social media analytics. Develop reports and create compelling and insightful insights and recommendations.
- Stay on top of new trends and assist in developing social media knowledge across the team.
- You have a creative mindset to generate engaging and shareable content that stands out in the crowded social media space.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills to convey the brand's message effectively and engage with the audience.
- You stay current with social media platforms, tools, and trends, leveraging new features and technologies to enhance the brand's online presence.
- You understand the target audience and the ability to create content that resonates with them, fostering a sense of community and loyalty.
- You consistently reinforce the brand's identity and values through social media content, ensuring a cohesive and recognizable online presence.
- Above all, you are passionate about working for a growing female owned business and are inspired by Poppy & Peonies mission.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 5+ years experience in social media
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of all social networking platforms and digital marketing
- Intuitive design and aesthetic understanding
- Experience with Klaviyo and email marketing is considered an asset
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and work independently
- Organized and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- We are a remote first company and our employees can work from anywhere in Canada or US.
- The successful candidate will be required to travel to photo shoots periodically with the Poppy & Peonies team. Examples of past trips include: Miami, Palm Springs, Joshua Tree and Nashville!
Applications are due by 4pm ET on Friday, February 9, 2024.
Interviewing at Poppy & Peonies includes:
1. A Phone screen with Erica Peres, Bloom (30 mins)
2. Video interview with with Natalie Dusome (60 minutes)
3. Video interview with with Poppy & Peonies' marketing agency (45 minutes)
4. Take home social media + content challenge
5. Reference checks
Like Bloom, Poppy & Peonies is committed to a fair and equitable hiring process for all candidates. To ensure that each candidate’s journey is consistent and the selection process is unbiased, Hiring Managers will not respond to any personal messages regarding this role or other opportunities. To apply, please submit your application via Bloom.
How we Hire
Poppy & Peonies is committed to a fair and equitable hiring process for all candidates. To ensure that each candidate’s journey is consistent and the selection process is unbiased, the team at Poppy & Peonies will not be responding to any personal messages regarding this role or other opportunities.
Poppy & Peonies is a proud equal opportunity workplace that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We’re looking for motivated and compassionate people who can execute from the ground up and support the work that Poppy & Peonies believes in.
Poppy & Peonies is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please share in your application or email firstname.lastname@example.org.