Intern, Product Operations
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2024
Your career is an investment that grows over time!
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by reimagining what it means to manage your money. Using smart technology, we take financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and make them transparent and low-cost for everyone. We’re the largest fintech company in Canada, with over 3 million users who trust us with more than $20 billion in assets.
Our teams ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas. We're looking for talented people who keep it simple and value collaboration and humility as we continue to create inclusive and high-performing teams where people can be inspired to do their best work.
Internships @ Wealthsimple
At Wealthsimple, we offer 4 to 8-month internships that are open to co-op and non-co-op students, recent grads, and career changers. During your remote-first internship, you will be able to contribute to projects that are changing the landscape of financial services for Canadians. You will be on a team that supports your growth and provides mentorship while also connecting to the broader Wealthsimple community!
As the Intern, Product Operations, you will report to the Cash & Card or Crypto Operations Manager and collaborate closely with associates & specialists. You will contribute to key projects that will enable products, as well as supporting day-to-day operations.
Our ideal hire is detail-oriented and proactive, owns their role, and continuously helps identify ways to improve operational processes and controls, as well as explore ways to support new features and product launches. This individual has an entrepreneurial spirit and loves the opportunity to build from scratch. It is essential that this person manages time well, keeps on top of deliverables, and has the potential to grow with us.
We manage billions of dollars, so the stakes are high. We want to deliver extraordinary experiences that meet our client's on-demand expectations while being a compliance leader. At Wealthsimple, we are maker-owners, we believe that simple is better, and we do what's right for each client.
We are currently hiring for two roles. You would be supporting our Crypto Operations OR Cash & Card Operations team.
Applications are due on February 22nd, 5pm EST.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Optimize existing business processes to improve our efficiency
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders including product, engineering, client experience, and finance
- Make recommendations to improve processes and increase efficiency, accuracy and scalability
- Problem solve to ensure product and customer services are supported, creating the best possible experience for our clients
- Train and collaborate with other Operations team members and support each other
- Build project plans for chosen projects by setting ambitious deliverables, timelines and metrics; take ownership of essential projects which will in turn, stand up the operational processes needed to support product feature launches
Skills we’re looking for:
- Is motivated and accountable. You are comfortable taking initiative and constantly searching for ways to make a positive and meaningful contribution to advancing our business priorities.
- Possesses a passion, curiosity, and energy for finance + investing
- Organization & planning: Plans, organizes, and schedules in a productive manner, allowing for a focus on key priorities and regular updates
- Collaboration: Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work in collaboration with various team members
- Strong written and verbal communication: Speaks plainly and truthfully. Communicates complex ideas in a simple & easy-to-understand way for any audience
- Problem-solving: If something seems off, you want to figure out what’s going on; you enjoy navigating uncertainty, bringing clarity to ambiguity and don’t wait for a playbook to be written
- Proactive & Action Oriented: Acts without being told what to do; takes full ownership of work, and proactively seeks help and input when needed to provide well-supported solutions
- Efficiency: Ability to produce significant output with minimum wasted effort; finds the path of least resistance to the problem definition, solution and execution
- Honesty/integrity: Doesn't cut corners; does what is right, not what is politically expedient
- Practical SQL knowledge is considered an asset
🤑 Competitive Salary with retirement savings matching plan using Wealthsimple Work
🌴 Generous vacation days and unlimited sick and mental health days
🎉 Intern programming including educational workshops, hackathons, and mentorship
🌎A wide variety of peer and company-led employee resource groups (ie. Rainbow, Women of Wealthsimple, Black @ WS) Employee Resource Groups
💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
What past interns have said about their experience at Wealthsimple:
"I absolutely loved the term here and had a great chance to learn new things and meet many amazingly talented people! I also really appreciated the mentorship program, having someone who was an alumni from my school+program was a great chance to learn more and help plan my career and academic journey!"
"The other interns were really a highlight as well as all of the things that y'all planned for us. I also would say my own team really made me feel at home and welcomed. I love the codebase and engineering tools a lot and will miss it!"
"Lot of autonomy and trust from teammates; In-person office experience allowed for a lot of deeper friendships; I genuinely like the Wealthsimple product which made it very exciting to work on it"
With over 1000 employees coast to coast in North America, be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us!
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know, and we will work with you to provide the necessary support and make reasonable accommodations to facilitate your participation. We are continuously working to improve our accessibility practices and welcome any feedback or suggestions on how we can better accommodate candidates with accessibility needs.