Infrastructure Platform Developer
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
Your career is an investment that grows over time!
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by reimagining what it means to manage your money. Using smart technology, we take financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and make them transparent and low-cost for everyone. We’re the largest fintech company in Canada, with over 3 million users who trust us with more than $30 billion in assets.
Our teams ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas. We're looking for talented people who keep it simple and value collaboration and humility as we continue to create inclusive and high-performing teams where people can be inspired to do their best work.
About the Infrastructure Platform Team
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Design, create, build, maintain and expand our infrastructure-as-code.
- Design, create, build and maintain shared engineering resources for monitoring, alerting, logging, backups and disaster recovery for our AWS cloud environment.
- Help guide our engineers in deploying scalable, resilient micro services that are in-line with our infrastructure's best practices, providing right-sizing, networking, security, and access-level suggestions.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to engineering teams on designing, monitoring and integrating systems at scale.
- Participate in an on-call rotation supporting underlying infrastructure, responding to incidents and supporting engineering teams as a second-line, when deeper subject matter expertise is required.
- Assist in migrating all our microservices from Nomad to Kubernetes, further enhancing our infrastructure capabilities.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has proven, tested experience administering at least one Linux major distribution in production.
- Possess strong experience with Kubernetes, Terraform or Cloudformation.
- Has experience in automating workflows and scripting in both Bash and Python.
- Possesses working knowledge of continuous deployment/integration concepts, methodologies, tooling and best practices.
- Has experience with configuration management and orchestration tooling such as Ansible, Salt, Chef, or Puppet; Nomad, Kubernetes, or Swarm.
- Has a familiarity with cloud service providers like GCP, Azure and preferably AWS.
- Has experience and deep understanding of AWS’s IAM.
- Understands Docker semantics for building, running and orchestrating containerized workloads.
- Agrees that established and boring tools are great, but looking forward and embracing change, new tools, and different perspectives is just as important.
- Values open communication and working on an exceptionally transparent, debate-and-feedback-driven team.
- Is eager to teach and learn from your team and other teams. We value making each other successful!
- Has knowledge in building to scale, know what it takes to scale quickly and effectively, and identify and call out trade-offs in choices when doing so.
Nice to have:
- Interest in or prior experience in architecture design.
- Experience working with highly-available production database-driven services. We’re a distributed monolith.
- Experience managing Amazon Aurora/PSQL databases.
- An understanding of streaming data pipelines and related tools such as Kafka and Kinesis.
- Experience managing Active Directory and Windows Server architecture, integrating it into a primarily Linux-based environment.
- Great communication skill, and be able to translate technically complex concerns and findings to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience working within secure and regulated environments (SOC1/2, PCI-DSS, etc..)
🤑 Competitive Salary with top-tier health benefits and life insurance
📈 Retirement savings matching plan using Wealthsimple Work
🌴 20 vacation days per year and unlimited sick and mental health days
📚 Up to $1500 per year towards wellness and professional development budgets respectively
🛫 90 days away program: Employees can work internationally in eligible countries for up to 90 days per calendar year
🌎 A wide variety of peer and company-led Employee Resource Groups (ie. Rainbow, Women of Wealthsimple, Black @ WS)
💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
We’re a remote-first team, with over 1000 employees coast to coast in North America. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us!
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know, and we will work with you to provide the necessary support and make reasonable accommodations to facilitate your participation. We are continuously working to improve our accessibility practices and welcome any feedback or suggestions on how we can better accommodate candidates with accessibility needs.