Lead Financial Planner/Advisor
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2024
Your career is an investment that grows over time!
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by reimagining what it means to manage your money. Using smart technology, we take financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and make them transparent and low-cost for everyone. We’re the largest fintech company in Canada, with over 3 million users who trust us with more than $30 billion in assets.
Our teams ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas. We're looking for talented people who keep it simple and value collaboration and humility as we continue to create inclusive and high-performing teams where people can be inspired to do their best work.
About the Role
As a Lead Financial Planner / Advisor, you will join our team of elite professionals serving our growing client base of high net worth households. You will be responsible for supporting our clients with their investment and financial planning needs. By giving unbiased and first-class advice, you will deliver exceptional client experiences and also have the opportunity to lend your subject matter expertise to important team and company initiatives.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Challenge the wealth management industry status quo.
- Play a major role in helping us change industry perceptions when it comes to financial planning and investing, in particular for high net worth clients.
- Help us scale insights and opportunities for high net worth clients to benefit all clients.
- Help clients with complex financial planning and investment needs by delivering and implementing high quality planning.
- You will be on the front lines talking to prospective and current clients.
- Communicate most of the time via phone or video with clients. Superb phone skills are a requirement.
- Go the extra mile for our clients at all times.
We're looking for someone who:
- Is an experienced financial planner who loves to tackle the most complex financial planning problems and find elegant solutions for our clients.
- Has extensive experience planning and investing for clients with corporations, trusts and estate needs.
- Wants to make a difference. We are a growing team reshaping how people look at the industry. We need people who 'get it' and want to play an integral part in helping us accomplish this mission.
- Possesses a passion and energy for personal finance and investing. You understand the ins and outs of the wealth management industry, and more importantly, know how to explain these concepts simply.
- Thrives in client-facing situations. At Wealthsimple, our clients always come first. No matter what.
- Works well with others and values collaboration. We leave ego at the door.
- Has great analytical and prioritization skills. You know how to balance what needs to be done with what’s possible to do. You understand the scope of an issue and its priority.
- Embraces technology and the role it plays in financial services. Specifically, you have the flexibility to navigate multiple applications simultaneously to deliver unprecedented solutions.
- Has an entrepreneurial mindset and wants to become more than a financial advisor.
Skills and experience we're looking for:
- Must have CFP
- Must have 7 years + of experience
- CFA or CIM designation is a highly valued asset
- CA/CPA or a specialization in tax strategy is a highly valued asset
- CLU is a highly valued asset
- Bilingual in French and English is an asset
- Focused on client relationships, loves giving advice
- Growth mindset
- Great team player- collaboration is key
- Self starter who can identify and lead their own projects
🤑 Competitive Salary with top-tier health benefits and life insurance
📈 Retirement savings matching plan using Wealthsimple Work
🌴 20 vacation days per year and unlimited sick and mental health days
📚 Up to $1500 per year towards wellness and professional development budgets respectively
🛫 90 days away program: Employees can work internationally in eligible countries for up to 90 days per calendar year
🌎 A wide variety of peer and company-led Employee Resource Groups (ie. Rainbow, Women of Wealthsimple, Black @ WS)
💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
We’re a remote-first team, with over 1000 employees coast to coast in North America. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us!
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know, and we will work with you to provide the necessary support and make reasonable accommodations to facilitate your participation. We are continuously working to improve our accessibility practices and welcome any feedback or suggestions on how we can better accommodate candidates with accessibility needs.