Senior HR Generalist
People & HR
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, January 9, 2024
Your career is an investment that grows over time!
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by reimagining what it means to manage your money. Using smart technology, we take financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and make them transparent and low-cost for everyone. We’re the largest fintech company in Canada, with over 3 million users who trust us with more than $30 billion in assets.
Our teams ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas. We're looking for talented people who keep it simple and value collaboration and humility as we continue to create inclusive and high-performing teams where people can be inspired to do their best work.
About the Role
Reporting to the Sr. Director, People R&D, you will play a pivotal role in creating a place for every Wealthsimpler to do their life’s best work. You'll be the go-to person providing amazing support to our product and design teams throughout every stage of the employee journey. By being an advocate for our employees, you'll contribute significantly to fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and growth. You are excited about jumping in and supporting in all areas of People Operations and enjoy being given challenges and finding your own ways to solve them. You are adaptable, flexible, and thrive in a high growth environment where two days rarely look the same. You are a relationship builder and know that the best teams and companies are full of people who trust & take care of each other.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Partner with HRBPs and Leaders - Collaborate closely with HRBPs in supporting employees throughout their entire journey with Wealthsimple, from onboarding to performance management, career development, offboarding and beyond, ensuring a seamless and positive experience.
- Lead PeopleOps cycle programs - support execution of People programs and projects, including learning & development, performance management, engagement surveys, D&I action planning, compensation cycles, and Employee Resource Groups.
- Create a strong employee experience - Be the go-to person for employees and managers within the R&D functions, addressing their questions related to People practices, policies, benefits, learning opportunities and programs.
- Learn the Business - Understand our Wealthsimple products, services, and clients, while grasping the goals, challenges, and needs of RD teams. Support projects aligning people's strategies with business goals.
- Care about data - Take an analytical approach to HR operations, maintaining accurate data within our HRIS Workday and documents within Notion. Build and update People Operations surveys, reports, and metrics to drive informed decision-making.
- People Policies and Compliance - Stay up-to-date with regulations and company policies to ensure compliance and delightful employee experiences. Communicate People policies and processes to Wealthsimple through engaging methods.
- Revolutionize employee experiences - Continuously seek innovative ways to enhance and improve existing processes, challenging conventional norms for a more enriching work environment.
We're looking for someone with:
- 3-5+ years of relevant HR/People Operations experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Demonstrated experience partnering with business leaders in matters related to People Operations cycle programs
- HR systems experience (bonus points for Workday)
- Strong initiative, resourceful and comfortable navigating in ambiguous situations
- Strong interpersonal skills, adept at building partnerships across all company levels
- Analytical with a problem-solving mindset, leveraging people data for business insights
- Initiates improvements and takes personal accountability for high-quality work
- Organized with exceptional attention to detail and effective prioritization skill
- Experience partnering with Engineering, R&D or Technology stakeholder groups considered a strong asset
🤑 Competitive Salary with top-tier health benefits and life insurance
📈 Retirement savings matching plan using Wealthsimple Work
🌴 20 vacation days per year and unlimited sick and mental health days
📚 Up to $1500 per year towards wellness and professional development budgets respectively
🛫 90 days away program: Employees can work internationally in eligible countries for up to 90 days per calendar year
🌎 A wide variety of peer and company-led Employee Resource Groups (ie. Rainbow, Women of Wealthsimple, Black @ WS)
💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
We’re a remote-first team, with over 1000 employees coast to coast in North America. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us!
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know, and we will work with you to provide the necessary support and make reasonable accommodations to facilitate your participation. We are continuously working to improve our accessibility practices and welcome any feedback or suggestions on how we can better accommodate candidates with accessibility needs.