Business Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2023
Your career is an investment that grows over time!
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by reimagining what it means to manage your money. Using smart technology, we take financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and make them transparent and low-cost for everyone. We’re the largest fintech company in Canada, with over 3 million users who trust us with more than $20 billion in assets.
Our teams ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas. We're looking for talented people who keep it simple and value collaboration and humility as we continue to create inclusive and high-performing teams where people can be inspired to do their best work.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Follow-up with high quality leads from the Growth Marketing team
- Build growth opportunities for the business through outreach emails, calls, and qualification
- Create and prioritize target employers and potential clients
- Be the first touchpoint that articulates the Wealthsimple value proposition to potential prospects
- Work closely with Product and Marketing teams on “playtests” that require client interaction
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing on creative projects that help drive revenue growth
- Achieve monthly quotas and daily KPI’s of outbound touches across email, calls, text
- Nurture and educate prospective clients through the sales cycle until they are qualified
Skills and experience we’re looking for
- Resourcefulness — you should have demonstrated track record of persevering in the face of adversity
- Flexibility — in a startup, priorities and direction can evolve quickly. You should have a positive can-do attitude and be adaptable to evolving business goals
- Goal-oriented — you should have experience (and be excited about!) working hard towards a goal
- Strong communication — you should be comfortable writing persuasively and communicating at all levels
- Self-starter — when you see a need, you address it
- Natural Curiosity - you should be eager to understand our client’s needs and uncover the root of their problem
- 1-3 years experience in a sales or client-facing role
- Bonus: Experience in a fast-paced start-up, ideally tech or finance
🤑 Competitive Salary with top-tier health benefits and life insurance
📈 Retirement savings matching plan using Wealthsimple Work
🌴 20 vacation days per year and unlimited sick and mental health days
📚 Up to $1500 per year towards wellness and professional development budgets respectively
🛫 90 days away program: Employees can work internationally in eligible countries for up to 90 days per calendar year
🌎 A wide variety of peer and company-led Employee Resource Groups (ie. Rainbow, Women of Wealthsimple, Black @ WS)
💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
We’re a remote-first team, with over 1000 employees coast to coast in North America. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us!
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know, and we will work with you to provide the necessary support and make reasonable accommodations to facilitate your participation. We are continuously working to improve our accessibility practices and welcome any feedback or suggestions on how we can better accommodate candidates with accessibility needs.