Senior Software Developer, Order Generation
Posted on Wednesday, November 1, 2023
Your career is an investment that grows over time!
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by reimagining what it means to manage your money. Using smart technology, we take financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and make them transparent and low-cost for everyone. We’re the largest fintech company in Canada, with over 3 million users who trust us with more than $20 billion in assets.
Our teams ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas. We're looking for talented people who keep it simple and value collaboration and humility as we continue to create inclusive and high-performing teams where people can be inspired to do their best work.
About the Team
The Order Generation team holds the reins of the algorithm and execution logic for several client-facing products, including Wealthsimple Invest, and Wealthsimple Private Credit. Our role is to be the bridge that connects the strategic goals of our clients with the operational nuances of a robo-advisory platform.
We orchestrate a seamless confluence of data streams and algorithmic decision-making that propels our trading platforms forward. In this role, you will be stepping into a dynamic ecosystem where feedback loops with key stakeholders are tight, collaboration is rich, and where your contributions are immediately and visibly impactful.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Lead the development and enhancement of an experimentation and simulation platform, utilizing this platform to drive iterative improvements in client portfolio performance through rigorous testing and analysis
- Lead the development and implementation of automations and robust alerting systems to streamline the order-generation process, ensuring optimal performance and accuracy while facilitating continuous monitoring and improvement of order-generation outcomes
- Identify bottlenecks and optimize the performance of the order generation workflow, ensuring swift and accurate order processing
- Innovate and integrate new features into the order generation algorithm to align with and support the launch of upcoming Wealthsimple products
- Apply software engineering best practices, such as version control and continuous integration, to the code base
- Embrace simplicity and effectiveness in your approach to challenges, adhering to the principle of Occam's razor to find the most straightforward solutions to complex problems
- Teach and learn from your teammates. We believe in the power of collective knowledge and the importance of fostering a culture of continuous learning and mutual success
Skills we’re looking for:
- Proficiency in Python, SQL, with hands-on experience in Airflow, and Redshift
- Solid knowledge of data engineering and preprocessing, with experience in managing large datasets, ensuring data quality, and handling data pipelines
- Exceptional communication skills, adept at liaising between technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a dynamic team environment
- Comfortable with software engineering best practices, including version control using Git for collaborative development
- Strong problem-solving skills, capable of critical and creative thinking to address complex challenges
Nice to Have:
- Experience in developing automated testing frameworks to validate algorithm outputs, ensuring consistency and accuracy
- Familiarity with Ruby
- Experience in building and automating dashboards
- Previous experience in a fintech or trading environment
🤑 Competitive Salary with top-tier health benefits and life insurance
📈 Retirement savings matching plan using Wealthsimple Work
🌴 20 vacation days per year and unlimited sick and mental health days
📚 Up to $1500 per year towards wellness and professional development budgets respectively
🛫 90 days away program: Employees can work internationally in eligible countries for up to 90 days per calendar year
🌎 A wide variety of peer and company-led Employee Resource Groups (ie. Rainbow, Women of Wealthsimple, Black @ WS)
💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
We’re a remote-first team, with over 1000 employees coast to coast in North America. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us!
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know, and we will work with you to provide the necessary support and make reasonable accommodations to facilitate your participation. We are continuously working to improve our accessibility practices and welcome any feedback or suggestions on how we can better accommodate candidates with accessibility needs.