Team Lead, Client Experience - Tax (6 month contract)
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Your career is an investment that grows over time!
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by reimagining what it means to manage your money. Using smart technology, we take financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and make them transparent and low-cost for everyone. We’re the largest fintech company in Canada, with over 3 million users who trust us with more than $20 billion in assets.
Our teams ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas. We're looking for talented people who keep it simple and value collaboration and humility as we continue to create inclusive and high-performing teams where people can be inspired to do their best work.
Join our highly rated Tax Expert service for the upcoming 2023 tax year. We’re looking for an energetic, dynamic and experienced Team Lead to help lead our team of Tax Experts as they guide Wealthsimple clients through their tax return and tax specific questions. If you’re a seasoned leader, and you want to join a team that prides itself on delivering friendly and honest 1-on-1 tax guidance and support, with incredible client reviews, then we’d love to hear from you!
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Oversee and support a new team of tax professionals supporting our Wealthsimple clients
- Have a hand in hiring for, and launching, the new Expert Advice service
- Lead through knowledge: Support the tax professionals, where possible. and also by helping them help themselves
- Assist the Manager with team responsibilities, including supervising and managing the performance of the team
- Partner with cross-functional teams to onboard and train the team in time for tax season
- Capture and share insights to improve the client experience across marketing, product, and growth
- Engage directly with clients; Tax is for all Canadians, of any age, and you’ll get to experience this when working with our clients. This may include phone, video, and email support, along with client escalations resulting from the Expert Advice service
- Be accountable for the team meeting or exceeding performance and utilization targets
We're looking for someone who:
- Possesses a passion and energy for leading high performing teams
- Delivers outstanding service, and consistently models the behaviours and skills that drive client engagement and satisfaction
- Embrace technology and the role it plays in filing your taxes and improving financial services. Specifically, you have the flexibility to navigate multiple applications simultaneously to deliver effective and actionable solutions
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. You’re a trusted leader and professional who can manage multiple schedules and a Team lead’s workload. It’s important you take pride in your work and have a sense of ownership
- Clearly and concisely communicate goals, tasks, and other organizational needs to their team. Your written and verbal communication is focused on ensuring expectations are presented to your employees in a way they clearly understand.
- Ability to research rules and regulations to aid their team and/or clients to make the best use of our products and services
Skill we're looking for:
- 2+ years in a team leadership role for a fast paced, client-service organization. You’re a humble, compassionate, and confident people leader who cares for their people and understands how to achieve results
- In-depth knowledge of performance monitoring and metrics used in the Client support industry
- Excellent Time management and prioritization skills, both for their own work and their team
- Experience preparing and supporting federal and provincial tax returns reporting, self-employment, rental property, investments, cryptocurrency, and foreign income would be considered a strong asset
Nice to Haves:
- Comfortable with remote work: this is a remote position using a variety of online software and tools to engage with the client
- Tax Preparer certification is a strong asset
- Bilingual, in both English and French, is a welcome asset
🤑 Competitive Salary with top-tier health benefits and life insurance
📈 Retirement savings matching plan using Wealthsimple Work
🌴 20 vacation days per year and generous sick and mental health days
📚 Up to $1500 per year towards wellness and professional development budgets respectively
🛫 90 days away program: Employees can work internationally in eligible countries for up to 90 days per calendar year
🌎A wide variety of peer and company-led employee resource groups (ie. Rainbow, Women of Wealthsimple, Black @ WS) Employee Resource Groups
💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
We’re a remote-first team, with over 1000 employees coast to coast in North America. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us!
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know, and we will work with you to provide the necessary support and make reasonable accommodations to facilitate your participation. We are continuously working to improve our accessibility practices and welcome any feedback or suggestions on how we can better accommodate candidates with accessibility needs.