Manager, Treasury Operations
Accounting & Finance, Operations
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, August 2, 2023
Your career is an investment that grows over time!
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by reimagining what it means to manage your money. Using smart technology, we take financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and make them transparent and low-cost for everyone. We’re the largest fintech company in Canada, with over 3 million users who trust us with more than $20 billion in assets.
Our teams ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas. We're looking for talented people who keep it simple and value collaboration and humility as we continue to create inclusive and high-performing teams where people can be inspired to do their best work.
About the Role
As the Manager, Treasury Operations, you will report directly to the Senior Manager of Operations.
You will be responsible for collaborating with a number of stakeholders to build a treasury operations team from the ground up. On top of this, you will be supporting day-to-day operations as well as projects that will enable products and business growth. This role presents a unique opportunity for you to make a significant impact on Wealthsimple's financial operations, contribute to our growth and success, and leverage your expertise in a dynamic and rapidly evolving industry.
We manage billions of dollars, so the stakes are high. We want to deliver extraordinary experiences that meet our client's on-demand expectations while being a compliance leader. At Wealthsimple, we are maker-owners, we believe that simple is better, and we do what's right for each client.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for managing Wealthsimple’s Treasury Operations team with a focus on enabling critical day-to-day business activities
- Enhance the flow of funds, settlement timing and collateral management to optimize liquidity and capital needs
- Problem-solve and collaborate with multiple stakeholders to support scale and launch new products
- Provide thought leadership and advise on key business decisions as it relates to our products and banking strategy
- Build processes, establish metrics and stand up a structure that supports funding needs within the broker and payments areas
Skills we are looking for:
- Relevant experience: Has 3-5 years of experience working in treasury operations or leading teams in the cash & payments space.
- Organization & planning: Plans, organizes, and schedules in a productive manner, allowing for a focus on key priorities and regular updates
- Data & analytics: Has a history of using data to answer complex problems. SQL & modelling skills are an asset
- Collaboration: Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work in collaboration with various team members
- Strong written and verbal communication: Speaks plainly and truthfully. Communicates complex ideas in a simple & easy-to-understand way for any audience (e.g. engineering, 3rd party vendors, growth/operational teams, executive team)
- Problem-solving: If something seems off, you want to figure out what’s going on; you enjoy navigating uncertainty, bringing clarity to ambiguity and don’t wait for a playbook to be written
- Proactive & Action Oriented: Acts without being told what to do; takes full ownership of work, and proactively seeks help and input when needed to provide well-supported solutions
- Efficiency: Ability to produce significant output with minimum wasted effort; finds the path of least resistance to the problem definition, solution and execution
- Honesty/integrity: Doesn't cut corners; does what is right, not what is politically expedient
At Wealthsimple, we embrace difference. We believe that getting to the best outcomes requires diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We create a space where all voices can be heard so that we can all do our life’s best work. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
🤑 Competitive Salary with top-tier health benefits and life insurance
📈 Retirement savings matching plan using Wealthsimple Work
🌴 20 vacation days per year and unlimited sick and mental health days
📚 Up to $1500 per year towards wellness and professional development budgets respectively
🛫 90 days away program: Employees can work internationally in eligible countries for up to 90 days per calendar year
🌎 A wide variety of peer and company-led employee resource groups (ie. Rainbow, Women of Wealthsimple, Black @ WS) Employee Resource Groups
💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
We’re a remote-first team, with over 1000 employees coast to coast in North America. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us!
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know, and we will work with you to provide the necessary support and make reasonable accommodations to facilitate your participation. We are continuously working to improve our accessibility practices and welcome any feedback or suggestions on how we can better accommodate candidates with accessibility needs.