Senior Product Designer, Crypto
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2023
Your career is an investment that grows over time!
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by reimagining what it means to manage your money. Using smart technology, we take financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and make them transparent and low-cost for everyone. We’re the largest fintech company in Canada, with over 3 million users who trust us with more than $20 billion in assets.
Our teams ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas. We're looking for talented people who keep it simple and value collaboration and humility as we continue to create inclusive and high-performing teams where people can be inspired to do their best work.
About the team:
At Wealthsimple, design is a competitive advantage and essential to achieving our mission of helping Canadians reach financial freedom. We are client obsessed - our empathy for our clients sets the bar really high for the products and experiences we create.
We are looking for a passionate and skilled product designer to work on the Crypto product. In this role you will be embedded on the Crypto team, partnering closely with engineering and product to shape the future of our offering and deliver a high quality product to our clients.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Own and lead Crypto design, contributing to conversations and direction of the product roadmap and strategy
- Conduct research and leverage data to inform your designs, forming a strong understanding of our Crypto client’s needs and advocating for user-driven decision making
- Raise the quality bar of our user experience through delivering well crafted user experiences and continuously looking for areas of improvement
- Become a subject matter expert in Crypto
- Collaborate closely with your product and engineering partners to deliver high quality solutions at speed
- Apply systems-thinking to design problems in order to holistically scale the product forward
Skills we are looking for:
- Experience building consumer-facing mobile apps
- Passion and knowledge of the web3 ecosystem
- Proven ability to turn complex problems into simple experiences
- Outstanding UX, visual design and product thinking skills, capable of delivering polished experiences including motion and interaction design
- Strong understanding of how design, product and engineering can work together to ship high quality experiences quickly and at scale
- Can effectively communicate ideas and project direction to internal teams and stakeholders
- Experience generating user insight by shaping and leading research studies
- Ability to work independently, biasing towards action to drive projects forward
- A deep personal interest and passion for personal finance and how we might build simpler, more accessible services for everyone
If you’re excited to be part of Wealthsimple's mission, please apply with your resume and a portfolio that demonstrate:
- Your experience solving ambiguous problems & how you got there
- Your experience working on consumer-facing products
- The impact of your work on the broader goals of the company
- How you leverage insights to make user-driven decisions
🤑 Competitive Salary with top-tier health benefits and life insurance
📈 Retirement savings matching plan using Wealthsimple Work
🌴 20 vacation days per year and unlimited sick and mental health days
📚 Up to $1500 per year towards wellness and professional development budgets respectively
🛫 90 days away program: Employees can work internationally in eligible countries for up to 90 days per calendar year
🌎 A wide variety of peer and company-led employee resource groups (ie. Rainbow, Women of Wealthsimple, Black @ WS) Employee Resource Groups
💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
We’re a remote-first team, with over 1000 employees coast to coast in North America. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us!
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know, and we will work with you to provide the necessary support and make reasonable accommodations to facilitate your participation. We are continuously working to improve our accessibility practices and welcome any feedback or suggestions on how we can better accommodate candidates with accessibility needs.