Product Design Manager
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2023
Your career is an investment that grows over time!
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by reimagining what it means to manage your money. Using smart technology, we take financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and make them transparent and low-cost for everyone. We’re the largest fintech company in Canada, with over 3 million users who trust us with more than $20 billion in assets.
Our teams ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas. We're looking for talented people who keep it simple and value collaboration and humility as we continue to create inclusive and high-performing teams where people can be inspired to do their best work.
About the Team:
At Wealthsimple, design is a competitive advantage and essential to achieving our mission of helping Canadians reach financial freedom. We are also client obsessed - our empathy for our clients sets the bar really high for the products and experiences we create.
We’re a team of 20 product and content designers working across the R&D organization. We are embedded within product teams, partnering closely with engineering and product management throughout the entire process to deliver high quality products at speed. We value collaboration and building a supportive environment to work in every day.
We're looking for a Product Design Manager to lead designers working on product discovery and tiers.
In this role you will:
- Directly manage and lead a team of 4-6 designers to produce high quality work and deliver impact at speed
- Be a hands-on leader with strong craft to provide clear directions to your team
- Have a deep understanding of who we’re building for, ensuring yourself and your team are speaking to clients on a regular basis to inform strategy and improve features
- Provide clarity and structure to ambiguous initiatives, including those that may require complicated organizational change
- Own and develop a strategy and roadmap for your team alongside product and engineering partners
- Ensure design, product, and engineering (and other functions) work well together and are aligned on shared goals for planning and project work
- Create clarity through shared rituals, strong communication and context
Skills we are looking for:
- Experience managing and growing product designers
- Experience designing and building consumer-facing experiences for web and mobile
- Experience working in a fast-moving, high-growth company and/or experience working in consumer fintech
- Exceptional visual design, UX and communication skills
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with product management and engineering
- Nice to have: A Wealthsimple client :)
🤑 Competitive Salary with top-tier health benefits and life insurance
📈 Retirement savings matching plan using Wealthsimple Work
🌴 20 vacation days per year and unlimited sick and mental health days
📚 Up to $1500 per year towards wellness and professional development budgets respectively
🛫 90 days away program: Employees can work internationally in eligible countries for up to 90 days per calendar year
🌎 A wide variety of peer and company-led employee resource groups (ie. Rainbow, Women of Wealthsimple, Black @ WS) Employee Resource Groups
💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
We’re a remote-first team, with over 1000 employees coast to coast in North America. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us!
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know, and we will work with you to provide the necessary support and make reasonable accommodations to facilitate your participation. We are continuously working to improve our accessibility practices and welcome any feedback or suggestions on how we can better accommodate candidates with accessibility needs.