Senior Brand Designer
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2023
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost.
Our team is reimagining what it means to manage your money. Smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas — not ego. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, and want to ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We’re a remote-first team and quality output is more important than facetime, so where you choose to work is up to you — as long as you have internet access, you can work from anywhere in Canada. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us!
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Read our Culture Manual and learn more about how we work.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Join a team of passionate creatives to conceive and implement concepts, guidelines and campaigns that live across multiple channels to further grow Wealthsimple’s client-base
- Work collaboratively with designers, writers, marketers and engineers on initiatives that focus on brand awareness, acquisition and retention in addition to brand identity projects
- Develop and produce compelling design and motion for integrated brand campaigns (social, dotcom, email, display, etc.) that fit into Wealthsimple’s growing brand ecosystem
- Further the development of creative standards and design that is always grounded with strategic intent
We’re looking for someone who:
- Brings a strong design POV backed by extensive design experience developing brands and holistic marketing campaigns
- Is an expert at employing type, colour, image, grid systems, and interaction principles in a way that is balanced, thinking through the smallest details
- Enjoys working across various mediums from digital surfaces like email, dotcom, and social to physical expressions like event branding
- Able to set up solid narrative-driven presentation decks and feels comfortable presenting and sharing work with peers and senior team members
- Can confidently prioritize their projects and deadlines, and feels ownership in removing blockers proactively
- Loves to collaborate and welcomes feedback to constantly make their work better, shows up as a project-level mentor to others
- A passion for translating complex problems into simple and engaging solutions, and excels at thinking conceptually and metaphorically
- Able to work from initial concepts all the way through to final production
- Experience authoring thoughtful brand guidelines to codify projects
- Is up-to-date on the latest digital communications and social media trends
- Is fluent in Figma and Adobe Creative Suite, and recommends new tools and processes to the team
- Experience in video editing and/or motion graphics is a nice to have
If you’re excited to be part of Wealthsimple's mission and the impact we can have on the world, please send us your CV and portfolio 😃
See more open positions at Wealthsimple
Something looks off?