Content Strategist (Temp-To-Hire)
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2023
As the global leader and pioneer of the mobile webcomic format, WEBTOON has revolutionized the comics industry for comic fans and creators. Today, a diverse new generation of international comic artists have found a home on WEBTOON, where the company’s storytelling technology allows anyone to become a creator and build a global audience for their stories.
With a massive catalog of incredible digital comics from rising stars on WEBTOON CANVAS platform, and a growing roster of superstar WEBTOON Originals creators, there’s something for every type of comic fan on WEBTOON. With an average of 89+ million monthly active users, and WEBTOON adaptations on Netflix, HBO Max, and other screens around the world, WEBTOON’s passionate fandoms are the new face of pop culture. The company has worked with DC Comics, Marvel Entertainment, HYBE, and many more of the world’s biggest entertainment brands.
We are looking for a Content Strategist on the WEBTOON team who has a deep understanding of business principles and can apply that knowledge when owning content strategy and deliverables. In this role, you will be working on various strategies to ensure customers are set up for success and the brand's voice and identity are consistently reflected across all digital platforms.
- Performing exhaustive research and analysis on consumer trends and gain in-depth knowledge of all customer personas
- Analyzing content marketing strategy to evaluate whether it is working or not
- Strategizing content pillars and sub pillars
- Strategizing and improving content delivery and promotion
- Planning the editorial calendar and content proposition
- Developing and overseeing content governance guidelines for tone, style, and voice of all content, and ensuring they are followed
- Developing editorial strategy, so content is consistent across all delivery platforms
- Creating specifications and content appropriate for the brand's customer personas
- Collaborating with content management teams, creative teams, and writers to implement strategy
- Tracking and calculating content ROI
- Ensuring that content strategy meets business objectives
- Conducting periodic content audits
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or equivalent.
- 8+ years of relevant Content Strategy or Marketing experience in Publishing, Entertainment, or Media Agencies.
- Excellent understanding of industry trends and business operations in the entertainment or IP-driven consumer sectors.
- Proficiency in working cross-functionally and collaborating with Marketing and Content teams in ambiguous situations to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand complex business objectives and translate them into content strategies
- Working knowledge in research, testing, experimentation, and data analysis
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, written and verbal.
- Curious, motivated, committed self-starter, and result-oriented.
WEBTOON is owned by South Korea’s internet conglomerate Naver. In 2021, Naver acquired webnovel app Wattpad. The move aligned WEBTOON, the world’s largest digital comics platform, with Wattpad, the world’s leading webnovel platform. Together, these storytelling technology platforms reach a combined audience of 166 million people around the world.
Join us and work with some of the biggest artists, IP, and fandoms in comics!