US Regional Ad Sales Manager
Sales & Business Development
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 9, 2023
As the global leader and pioneer of the mobile webcomic format, WEBTOON has revolutionized the comics industry for comic fans and creators. Today, a diverse new generation of international comic artists have found a home on WEBTOON, where the company’s storytelling technology allows anyone to become a creator and build a global audience for their stories.
With a massive catalog of incredible digital comics from rising stars on WEBTOON CANVAS platform, and a growing roster of superstar WEBTOON Originals creators, there’s something for every type of comic fan on WEBTOON. With an average of 89+ million monthly active users, and WEBTOON adaptations on Netflix, HBO Max, and other screens around the world, WEBTOON’s passionate fandoms are the new face of pop culture. The company has worked with DC Comics, Marvel Entertainment, HYBE, and many more of the world’s biggest entertainment brands.
WEBTOON is a premium publisher and a beloved media platform for global brands in many countries. Currently, we are planning to expand our presence even further in the US. As a key player in the web-comic industry, WEBTOON has its own ad inventories of ordinary Display Ads, Rewarded Video, and our own-made Offerwall product. Additionally, WEBTOON has very distinctive storytelling ad products, such as Branded Webtoon or Branded Epilogue Story, which collaborate with our own original creators. As an Ad Sales Consultant, your goal is to help WEBTOON gain a better understanding of the needs of the US market, establish a direct sales team, and connect WEBTOON with the right partners.
**This is a hybrid position based in Los Angeles, and requires the ability to come into the office 2x a week.**
- Sell to key players in local media-buying agencies or digital marketing agencies in the US.
- Conduct regular media roadshows (with at least two business trips per year).
- Localize media introduction decks and other sales-related documents based on seasonal or vertical trends.
- Provide clients with media proposals based on a proper understanding of WEBTOON ad products, including DA, Offerwall, and WEBTOON content ads.
- Reach out to clients in our main strategic verticals (Gaming, Entertainment, OTT, etc.) and conduct media sessions for outbound sales.
- Communicate and collaborate with the WEBTOON content and creator team to manage a campaign of WEBTOON content ads (e.g. checking creator availability, arranging schedules, communication between clients and creators, etc.).
- Report on sales actions and performance to the GW Ads team HQ in Korea on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- More than 5+ years of experience in a digital marketing or digital advertisement industries (including Media-buying agencies, Publishers)
- Fair understanding of US local digital advertising market trends.
- Communicative and extrovert attitude with positive mind and skillful presentation.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills both in large and small groups.
- Must be willing to travel nationwide for business purposes.
- Must be willing to navigate time zone differences to communicate with teams in Korea during late afternoon/early evening hours on a regular basis.
- The more existing network within the market, the better
- Experience in ad-sales job at a major ad-tech company or other content/entertainment service (not limited to web-comic)
- Expert in PPT
- Fan of WEBTOON or web-comic
WEBTOON is owned by South Korea’s internet conglomerate Naver. In 2021, Naver acquired webnovel app Wattpad. The move aligned WEBTOON, the world’s largest digital comics platform, with Wattpad, the world’s leading webnovel platform. Together, these storytelling technology platforms reach a combined audience of 166 million people around the world.
Join us and work with some of the biggest artists, IP, and fandoms in comics!