Product Marketing Coordinator
Administration, Marketing & Communications, Product
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2023
Wattpad is a global multiplatform entertainment company whose vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories. Since 2006, we’ve been on a mission to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world. Every month 85 million people around the world spend over 23 billion minutes on Wattpad to share and discover stories they can’t find anywhere else. Our brand banner includes: Wattpad, Wattpad WEBTOON Studios, Wattpad Books and Wattpad Brand Partnerships. We’re proudly based in Toronto, but our reach is global. Come build the future of entertainment and storytelling, and write your next chapter with us!
Wattpad is looking for an execution-minded, analytical, and detail-oriented Product Marketing Coordinator to support Product Marketing. You will work cross-functionally with the Marketing and Product team to support activities that enable our user growth, engagement, and monetization efforts. This is an exciting role for you to get into the ground floor and start your Product Marketing career.
What you will be doing:
- Execute Product Marketing campaigns, including the development, translation, and execution of push notifications, in-app messages, and merchandising channels in product and on the app stores
- Pull, analyze, and summarize sales, channel, and marketing data to report on performance and inform future optimizations and campaigns
- Support the development and execution of product marketing experiments, reporting on learnings and performance
- Oversee maintenance of product SKUs and global pricing database for our in-app purchases (IAP) and subscription products
- Support the team’s functional strategy and projects by executing research, analyzing data, and managing timelines and deliverables
- Working closely with our Creative team to brief in and oversee campaign asset development
- Conduct ongoing and project-based research on key competitors to generate industry insights on marketing activity with a focus on new business models, value launches, positioning, pricing, promotions, etc.
What we're looking for:
- A highly engaged Wattpadder! Passion for the platform, Wattpad stories, and their creators is a must
- Educational or working experience in marketing/communications, business, or product
- Strong execution and organizational skills. You can juggle multiple pieces of a project without breaking a sweat.
- You get excited about data and could spend hours building reports, analyzing results, or updating dashboards
- An eagerness to take the initiative
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Google Suite (Slides, Docs, Sheets) and ability to quickly learn new product tools like Looker, Smartsheet, Firebase, etc.
Wattpad is conducting all interviews in a distributed manner using applicable third party software where needed and using visual interface tools such as Google Hangouts and Zoom.
Who are we? Entrepreneurs and Do-ers. Our vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories, and our mission is to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world.
What does that mean? We are visionaries, community builders, passionate problem solvers, storytellers, coffee snobs (tea drinkers, too!), curious by nature, and culturally diverse.
What are we obsessed with? Our users. Solving complex problems and maximizing flow. Learning constantly. Building the next great storytelling product. Finding the greatest stories ever told. Dogs (and cats), coffee, and good snacks.
How do we work? Autonomously, collaboratively, respectfully. Balancing with work, family, and play...and all while having a great time.
Wattpad is a remote friendly company and encourages remote candidates to apply as long as they are located and authorized to work in either the US or Canada (excluding Quebec) as a precondition of employment. We are not able to sponsor applicants for work permits.
If you happen to live near the areas of either Toronto, Ontario or Halifax, Nova Scotia, you may also have the opportunity to work from our beautiful offices - 1 located in Downtown Toronto and the other in Halifax.
Culture and Diversity
Wattpad is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate. Period.
Wattpad welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We have taken a leadership position on creating a culture and an organization that truly values diversity. We are committed to fostering a global team that reflects the diversity of the Wattpad community. At Wattpad, we believe cultural fit doesn’t mean culturally identical, and diversity of thought helps us to challenge one another to think big and think differently. We consider employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability status or any other protected status.
If you have any special needs or accessibility requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Don’t meet all the requirements? Studies show women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs if they do not meet all the qualifications. Therefore, in an effort to build a more diverse workplace, we encourage you to apply anyways. You might actually be the right person or you may be a good fit for a number of other openings we currently have.