Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2023
As the global leader and pioneer of the mobile webcomic format, WEBTOON has revolutionized the comics industry for comic fans and creators. Today, a diverse new generation of international comic artists have found a home on WEBTOON, where the company’s storytelling technology allows anyone to become a creator and build a global audience for their stories.
With a massive catalog of incredible digital comics from rising stars on WEBTOON CANVAS platform, and a growing roster of superstar WEBTOON Originals creators, there’s something for every type of comic fan on WEBTOON. With an average of 89+ million monthly active users, and WEBTOON adaptations on Netflix, HBO Max, and other screens around the world, WEBTOON’s passionate fandoms are the new face of pop culture. The company has worked with DC Comics, Marvel Entertainment, HYBE, and many more of the world’s biggest entertainment brands.
We are seeking a Korean-English Interpreter who will play a vital role in fostering effective communication within our diverse team, bridging language and cultural barriers. Your responsibilities will include accurately translating both written and spoken content for our Global CEO and stakeholders throughout our organization. If you possess strong communication skills, a high proficiency in Korean language and a proactive attitude, this opportunity could be a perfect fit for you.
- Provide accurate interpretation services between Korean and English speakers, maintaining the meaning, tone, and context of the original message
- Conduct consecutive interpretation by listening to the speaker and delivering the interpretation in the target language during pauses or at appropriate intervals
- Perform simultaneous interpretation during conferences or events
- Familiarize yourself with the subject matter of upcoming assignments, conduct research, and prepare relevant glossaries and materials to ensure accurate interpretation
- Possess a deep understanding of both Korean and English cultures, as well as their customs, etiquette, and idiomatic expressions, to accurately convey messages in the appropriate cultural context
- Adhere to strict confidentiality guidelines, ensuring the privacy and sensitivity of all interpreted conversations and documents
- Uphold high standards of professionalism, ethics, and integrity while representing the organization and maintaining professional relationships with clients
- Stay updated with industry trends, language developments, and relevant subject matter to enhance interpretation skills and expand knowledge base
- Native or near-native proficiency in both Korean and English languages, with exceptional oral and written communication skills in both languages
- A bachelor's degree in Korean studies, linguistics, interpretation, translation, or a related field is preferred. Relevant certifications in interpretation or translation are a plus
- High attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Strong emotional, social, and cultural intelligence
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish rapport and communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- A growth and open mindset
- Drive to think creatively and proactively on strategy, workflow, risk, and problem-solving
- Takes initiative, skilled in prioritizing and managing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to work irregular hours, including evenings, weekends, and travel when necessary
WEBTOON is owned by South Korea’s internet conglomerate Naver. In 2021, Naver acquired webnovel app Wattpad. The move aligned WEBTOON, the world’s largest digital comics platform, with Wattpad, the world’s leading webnovel platform. Together, these storytelling technology platforms reach a combined audience of 166 million people around the world.
Join us and work with some of the biggest artists, IP, and fandoms in comics!