Localization Project Coordinator (Temp-To-Hire)
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2023
As the global leader and pioneer of the mobile webcomic format, WEBTOON has revolutionized the comics industry for comic fans and creators. Today, a diverse new generation of international comic artists have found a home on WEBTOON, where the company’s storytelling technology allows anyone to become a creator and build a global audience for their stories.
With a massive catalog of incredible digital comics from rising stars on WEBTOON CANVAS platform, and a growing roster of superstar WEBTOON Originals creators, there’s something for every type of comic fan on WEBTOON. With an average of 89+ million monthly active users, and WEBTOON adaptations on Netflix, HBO Max, and other screens around the world, WEBTOON’s passionate fandoms are the new face of pop culture. The company has worked with DC Comics, Marvel Entertainment, HYBE, and many more of the world’s biggest entertainment brands.
With so many stories that capture and captivate readers on our platform, the Localization Team is seeking a Localization Project Coordinator who can ensure the timely delivery of error-free episodes to our users. We are looking for an avid WEBTOON reader with localization and copyediting experience who can manage other linguists and copyeditors.
What you'll be doing:
- Manages assignment of content to vendors and freelance linguists and copyeditors across multiple time zones
- Oversees the life-cycle of a project from initial translation to final copy-edit
- Identifies issues and solutions to optimize the localization workflow
- Ensures delivery of quality content by the deadline
- Performs final quality assurance of WEBTOON series
- Identifies inconsistencies and contextual errors in the writing
- Works with copyeditors on promotional copy for various series
What we're looking for:
- Loves reading WEBTOON series in both English and Korean
- Written and spoken fluency in both English and Korean with an excellent grasp on the nuances of both languages
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy
- 2+ years’ experience in localization management, copyediting, or Korean > English translation
- Working knowledge of localization tools and building and maintaining linguistic assets
- DTP skills a plus
- Ability to work proactively and independently in a demanding environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Language Studies, Localization Management, Translation or related field preferred
WEBTOON is owned by South Korea’s internet conglomerate Naver. In 2021, Naver acquired webnovel app Wattpad. The move aligned WEBTOON, the world’s largest digital comics platform, with Wattpad, the world’s leading webnovel platform. Together, these storytelling technology platforms reach a combined audience of 166 million people around the world.
Join us and work with some of the biggest artists, IP, and fandoms in comics!