Editor, Content Creator - Social Media (Temp)
Marketing & Communications, Design
United States · Canada · Remote
Posted on Thursday, June 22, 2023
As the global leader and pioneer of the mobile webcomic format, WEBTOON has revolutionized the comics industry for comic fans and creators. Today, a diverse new generation of international comic artists have found a home on WEBTOON, where the company’s storytelling technology allows anyone to become a creator and build a global audience for their stories.
With a massive catalog of incredible digital comics from rising stars on WEBTOON CANVAS platform, and a growing roster of superstar WEBTOON Originals creators, there’s something for every type of comic fan on WEBTOON. With an average of 89+ million monthly active users, and WEBTOON adaptations on Netflix, HBO Max, and other screens around the world, WEBTOON’s passionate fandoms are the new face of pop culture. The company has worked with DC Comics, Marvel Entertainment, HYBE, and many more of the world’s biggest entertainment brands.
We are looking for an exceptional Editor and Content Creator to join WEBTOON’s creative team, collaborating to create witty, relevant, and breakthrough social content. This unique opportunity offers the chance to work closely with the Marketing and Publishing teams. You will develop and execute social-first video live-action and mixed-media content that resonates and engage our Gen-Z audience across multiple social channels. This role straddles concept development and direction—requiring not only rapid creative ideation and edit skills, but also the ability to effectively direct our diverse roster of influencer talent in creating next-level long and short-form entertainment. The right candidate possesses superior trendspotting, design, and typography skills.
**This is a 3 month temporary position, with opportunity to extend.
What You'll Do
- Partner with fellow Content Producers, Motion Designers, Copywriters, and Art Directors to create fun and compelling short and long-form content promoting WEBTOON’s exciting library of webcomics on YouTube and TikTok.
- Elevate WEBTOON’s characters and series with breakthrough video concepts and execution that is relevant, on-trend, and most of all entertaining to digital natives.
- Work at the speed of social media. We are a creative team that flexes between highly polished work and fast, scrappy content meant for an organic feed.
- Be able to script, research, direct, and edit content either autonomously or working alongside talent and creative leadership.
- Stay on top of regional social trends as well as WEBTOON fan culture.
- Work with the Project Manager so that deliverables and deadlines are met on schedule.
Who You Are
- You have 4+ years of professional experience in a creative agency, production company, or in-house creative team working on multi-channel social media content, preferably with experience in entertainment for a social audience.
- You are a Premiere wizard with proficiency in other Adobe Suite products (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects) and other professional VFX or animation software.
- Bonus: You are experienced in character rigging and plugins such as DUIK.
- You are a self-starter who equally enjoys working with minimal supervision as well as collaborating closely with teammates.
- You are passionate about comics, gaming, WEBTOON, animation, entertainment, or all the above!
- You are action-oriented and adaptable to changes in priorities or schedule.
- You have a proven record of bringing your and others’ ideas to life in motion and maintaining a high standard and ownership of your work.
- You’re a good teammate who communicates effectively, brings positive vibes and makes creative from the heart—not the ego.
WEBTOON is owned by South Korea’s internet conglomerate Naver. In 2021, Naver acquired webnovel app Wattpad. The move aligned WEBTOON, the world’s largest digital comics platform, with Wattpad, the world’s leading webnovel platform. Together, these storytelling technology platforms reach a combined audience of 166 million people around the world.
Join us and work with some of the biggest artists, IP, and fandoms in comics!