Senior Growth Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications, Sales & Business Development
United States · Canada · Remote
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2023
Wattpad is a global multiplatform entertainment company whose vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories. Since 2006, we’ve been on a mission to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world. Every month 85 million people around the world spend over 23 billion minutes on Wattpad to share and discover stories they can’t find anywhere else. Our brand banner includes: Wattpad, Wattpad WEBTOON Studios, Wattpad Books and Wattpad Brand Partnerships. We’re proudly based in Toronto, but our reach is global. Come build the future of entertainment and storytelling, and write your next chapter with us!
We are looking for a strategic and hands-on Senior Growth Marketing Manager who is analytical and results-oriented. Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing, you will help drive growth across the user lifecycle, from acquisition, activation, engagement, monetization, and retention by leading marketing activities and experiments. This is a high-impact and data-driven position that plays a key role in fuelling Wattpad’s revenue, user engagement, and growth targets.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead growth marketing strategies to acquire, activate, engage, monetize, and retain users, with a focus on improving critical platform metrics such as new users, DEU/MEU, session time, paying users, and platform retention through ongoing optimizations and experiments, and launching marketing campaigns.
- Manage Wattpad’s presence on the App Store, Google Play, and on the web, devising optimizations to improve search ranking (ASO, SEO), and leveraging capabilities like custom product pages in support of off-platform campaigns to improve store impressions, installs, and app opens.
- Develop and execute a multi-channel rapid experimentation roadmap using push and in-app notifications, email, and other on and off-platform marketing channels, identifying the right segments to target at each stage of the funnel, to move them to their ideal state.
- Analyze data and report on results from campaigns, experiments, and optimizations to the team and key stakeholders across the organization
- Leverage insights to build business cases for enhancements to marketing enablement and tooling, and influence the product roadmap. Have a forward-looking vision for marketing capabilities required across the funnel.
- Conduct competitive, market, and user research to understand areas of opportunity, user needs, behaviour, attitudes, and perceptions, that inform the growth strategy, targeting, and optimization plans
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in growth marketing, preferably within the tech industry. Digital subscription, gaming, or mobile app experience is a plus
- Experience running experiments and A/B tests for funnel optimization
- You are user obsessed; you have a desire to deeply understand target audiences using multiple attributes, in ways that impact your positioning and creative approach, and channel plans
- You relish working with data & analytics, and are comfortable extracting insights that produce actionable learnings, sharing them with a wide variety of audiences
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research approaches to help identify and validate growth marketing opportunities
- People-management skills; managing and developing a direct report, managing a variety of stakeholders of different levels
- Proficient in Google Suite (Slides, Docs, Sheets) and tools similar to Google Analytics, ChartMogul, Redash, Looker, Firebase (CRM)
Wattpad is conducting all interviews in a distributed manner using applicable third party software where needed and using visual interface tools such as Google Hangouts and Zoom.
Who are we? Entrepreneurs and Do-ers. Our vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories, and our mission is to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world.
What does that mean? We are visionaries, community builders, passionate problem solvers, storytellers, coffee snobs (tea drinkers, too!), curious by nature, and culturally diverse.
What are we obsessed with? Our users. Solving complex problems and maximizing flow. Learning constantly. Building the next great storytelling product. Finding the greatest stories ever told. Dogs (and cats), coffee, and good snacks.
How do we work? Autonomously, collaboratively, respectfully. Balancing with work, family, and play...and all while having a great time.
Wattpad is a remote friendly company and encourages remote candidates to apply as long as they are located and authorized to work in either the US or Canada (excluding Quebec) as a precondition of employment. We are not able to sponsor applicants for work permits.
If you happen to live near the areas of either Toronto, Ontario or Halifax, Nova Scotia, you may also have the opportunity to work from our beautiful offices - 1 located in Downtown Toronto and the other in Halifax.
Culture and Diversity
Wattpad is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate. Period.
Wattpad welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We have taken a leadership position on creating a culture and an organization that truly values diversity. We are committed to fostering a global team that reflects the diversity of the Wattpad community. At Wattpad, we believe cultural fit doesn’t mean culturally identical, and diversity of thought helps us to challenge one another to think big and think differently. We consider employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability status or any other protected status.
If you have any special needs or accessibility requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Don’t meet all the requirements? Studies show women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs if they do not meet all the qualifications. Therefore, in an effort to build a more diverse workplace, we encourage you to apply anyways. You might actually be the right person or you may be a good fit for a number of other openings we currently have.