For over 35 years, Maplesoft™ has been a leading provider of software tools for engineering, science, research and teaching. Maple is math software that combines the world's most powerful math engine with an interface that makes it extremely easy to analyze, explore, visualize, and solve mathematical problems. Maple's powerful mathematics engine allows students to analyze, explore, visualize and solve complex mathematical problems.
We are seeking an experienced French and German speaking Account Manager to take the lead on building and fostering long-term relationships with academic institutions across Europe.
Our ideal candidate has experience managing the sales cycle within the academic industry. In this role, you’ll influence how we scale out our future sales model and be a part of the growth. You will participate in and influence our go-to-market strategy, demand generation and partnerships.
- Research and actively reach out to potential customers through phone, email and in-person visits.
- Identify, assess and grow new business verticals.
- Nurture and develop leads; build relationships with potential customers, and work through sales qualification process.
- Connect industry trends and market needs with Maplesoft’s technology portfolio in order to create strategic opportunities.
- Educate industry leaders about Maplesoft’s solutions and product offerings, aligning our solutions to their critical needs and challenges.
- Understand what motivates customers to buy and what drives the industry to grow and tap into those needs in an effective way.
- Develop a robust qualified pipeline and manage strategic and customer-centric account planning, crafting, owning and forecasting.
- Manage and prioritize all aspects of territory management for quota attainment; manage pipeline and ensure all revenue-process activities are performed to meet pipeline objectives.
- Establish robust account plans and maintain Salesforce dashboard to track progress and maintain forecast accuracy.
- Understand and be able to talk about Maplesoft’s solutions and competitive differentiation. Maintain knowledge on new solutions and updated value propositions.
- Enhance and broaden relationships within accounts by providing guidance and creating value.
- Work with sales technologies: Salesforce and Sales Navigator.
- Be a part of a fun and energetic team to define, negotiate and close strategic deals.
- Post-secondary degree in a Business-related field, or equivalent working experience.
- Experience selling software products in the academic industry.
- Ability to conduct proactive outreach within assigned territory and business lines.
- Demonstrate successful methodology to prospect and build effective pipelines.
- Solutions-oriented and proactive, with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability and eagerness to collaborate and work within a team environment.
- Fluent in German and French.
- Ability to travel throughout Europe, as needed.
Working at Maplesoft
Our teams build world-class software and services for system simulation, calculation management and systems engineering. Our product suite reflects the philosophy that given great tools, people can do great things!
Maplesoft offers a collaborative culture and the opportunity to work on some of the most innovative and exciting projects in the industry. We are committed to providing every employee with professional growth opportunities, a supportive work environment, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Maplesoft is committed to integration and equal opportunity. Accommodation throughout the recruitment process is available upon request.