Business Development Representative
For 35 years, Maplesoft™ has been a leading provider of software tools for engineering, science, research and teaching. Maple is math software that combines the world's most powerful math engine with an interface that makes it extremely easy to analyze, explore, visualize, and solve mathematical problems. Maplesoft's suite of products allows students to analyze, explore, visualize and solve complex mathematical problems.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Business Development Representative for our Academic Market to help further grow Maplesoft’s business across North America and globally. This is a junior level role with the potential to grow in an innovative company that continues to expand its business base.
Prospect and Connect!
The Business Development Representative focuses on generating qualified prospects using email, phone and networking. The BDR is the first point of contact for potential Maplesoft customers.
In this role, you will be on the front lines of our sales process, setting up quality meetings and product demos to build our sales pipeline. Success in this role will allow you to progress to a Sales Representative or Account Manager position.
- Hunt for new business opportunities to grow the sales pipeline.
- Identify key decision makers and/or key influencers within an organization.
- Reach out to prospects by making outbound cold calls and sending emails.
- Clearly communicate the benefits of our product and how it can help potential customers.
- Nurture and develop leads; build relationships with potential customers, and work through sales qualification process.
- Engage with prospects to set up discovery calls and/or product demos.
- Work with sales technologies: Salesforce and Sales Navigator.
- Be a part of a fun and energetic team to define, negotiate and close strategic deals.
- Post-secondary education in any discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Sales / Business Development experience within the software or academic industry would be an asset.
- Ability to identify business opportunities and gain leads through prospecting.
- Comfortable reaching out to potential leads though email and telephone.
- Confident in learning new solutions and selling to a varied audience.
- Target driven, positive team player who enjoys contributing to the team.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial mindset and approach to work.
- Ability to thrive autonomously and within a team.
Working at Maplesoft
Our teams build world-class software and services for system simulation, calculation management and systems engineering. Our product suite reflects the philosophy that given great tools, people can do great things!
Maplesoft offers a collaborative culture and the opportunity to work on some of the most innovative and exciting projects in the industry. We are committed to providing every employee with professional growth opportunities, a supportive work environment, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Maplesoft is committed to integration and equal opportunity. Accommodation throughout the recruitment process is available upon request.