San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 6, 2023
Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way.
To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
We are looking for a Fleet Specialist to join our team. In this role, you will work closely with our commercial vehicle drivers to ensure safe and efficient operation of self-driving vehicles. You will be responsible for preparing for vehicle trips, monitoring vehicle status, annotating events, providing information to the driver, and providing support to the fleet and operations teams.
- Work with Waabi engineers to prepare vehicle systems for manual and autonomous trips.
- Monitor vehicle system status from the front right seat during vehicle trips.
- Annotate on-road events during trips to improve the performance of the autonomous vehicle system.
- Provide vehicle system information to the driver to allow full monitoring of vehicle behavior.
- Collaborate with the operations team to maintain effective and timely communication between drivers, engineers, and additional company stakeholders.
- Support the operations team with vehicle system inspections, maintenance, and record-keeping.
- Maintain a safe and organized work environment at the facility.
- Minimum of High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior experience in a related role, such as logistics or operations, is preferred.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Availability to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to travel.
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with the willingness to help others.
- Experience and excitement in supporting a fast-paced high-growth environment.
- Passionate about being part of an organization solving self-driving technologies.
- This is not a driving position and does not require a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- This position requires sitting in a vehicle for extended, multi-hour periods, with occasional breaks for rest and meals.
- The Fleet Specialist may be required to work occasional weekends or holidays to support operations.
- Travel required to support out of area vehicle trips.
The US yearly hourly range for this role is: $34 to $50 /hour USD in addition to competitive perks & benefits. Waabi (US) Inc.’s hourly ranges are determined based on several factors in accordance with the Company’s compensation practices. The salary base range is reflective of the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Note: The Company provides additional compensation for employees in this role, including equity incentive awards and an annual performance bonus.
Waabi provides a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive compensation and equity awards
- Premium choices for Health and Wellness benefits that include Medical, Vision and Dental coverage
- Unlimited Vacation
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is a technology start-up building technologies to transform the way the world moves. Join our talented team to be a part of the future and to make an impact!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible workplace for all our employees. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, age, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, caregiver status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We make workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.
See more open positions at Waabi
Something looks off?