Senior / Staff Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2023
Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way. To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
- Be part of a team of multidisciplinary Engineers and Researchers using an AI-first approach to enable safe self-driving at scale.
- Build reliable and scalable tools and frameworks to support Autonomous Vehicle (AV) development.
- Lead technical and architecture discussions, collaborating with Researchers and Engineers.
- Mentor other software engineers via code reviews, technical design reviews, and sharing general software development best practices.
- Assist in task planning and estimation.
- MS/PhD or Bachelors degree with a Computer Science, Robotics and/or similar technical field(s) of study.
- 5+ years of industry experience reading and developing production quality software..
- Experience using languages such as Python, Go, C++, or Rust.
- Experience working in a team environment on a common codebase.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with willingness to help others.
- Passionate about self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.
Bonus/nice to have:
- Experience programming in C++ for a real world robotic system.
- Comfortable with Linux/other unix environments.
- Comfortable with Docker.
- Comfortable with git workflows.
- Experience in robotics or machine learning.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience working with internal cross-functional partners/stakeholders when building software frameworks.
-Experience in one or more of the following areas: application development, distributed systems, data storage and processing, parallel computing environments, emulation at scale, software performance, optimization, and profiling, concurrency and determinism, test-driven and API-driven development methodologies, system design/architecture, algorithms, data structure design, and low level threading. Front-end development and tools.
The US yearly salary range for this role is: $141,000 - $242,000 USD in addition to competitive perks & benefits. Waabi (US) Inc.’s yearly salary ranges are determined based on several factors in accordance with the Company’s compensation practices. The salary base range is reflective of the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Note: The Company provides additional compensation for employees in this role, including equity incentive awards and an annual performance bonus.
- Competitive compensation and equity awards.
- Health and Wellness benefits encompassing Medical, Dental and Vision coverage (for full-time employees only).
- Unlimited Vacation.
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support.
- Daily drinks, snacks and catered meals (when in office).
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events both on-site, off-site & virtually.
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible environment for all employees. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, age, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, caregiver status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We make workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.
See more open positions at Waabi
Something looks off?