Senior / Staff Technical Program Manager, Software
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 2, 2022
Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way. To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
- Partner with leaders and IC's across the entire organization to define and successfully drive key programs to completion.
- Manage multi-functional cross team, cross departmental programs.
- Ensure that the organization priorities are clear.
- Work closely with teams to insure their roadmaps are aligned with organizational priorities and company milestones.
- Identify dependencies, risks, and blockers and work with the team to help alleviate.
- Provide clear reporting and program schedules for the working teams as well as leadership.
- Champion clear and concise communication.
- Work on establishing best practices and processes for technical program and project management across the company.
- Work closely with software and hardware teams, as well as operations and business leads.
- 8+ years experience as a TPM leading large scale, cross-functional, programs. Engineering management and/or Product experience will also be considered.
- Experience in the autonomous vehicle industry, machine learning, AI, computer vision or robotics.
- Strong understanding of Agile project management methodologies.
- Ability to understand complex technical issues, familiarity with software development best practices.
- CS Degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Impeccable organizational and communication skills.
Bonus/nice to have:
- Experience shipping highly complex projects that incorporate both state-of-the-art research and production-grade software systems.
The US yearly salary range for this role is: $127,000 - $231,000 USD in addition to competitive perks & benefits. Waabi (US) Inc.’s yearly salary ranges are determined based on several factors in accordance with the Company’s compensation practices. The salary base range is reflective of the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Note: The Company provides additional compensation for employees in this role, including equity incentive awards and an annual performance bonus.
- Competitive compensation and equity awards.
- Health and Wellness benefits encompassing Medical, Dental and Vision coverage (for full-time employees only).
- Unlimited Vacation.
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support.
- Daily drinks, snacks and catered meals (when in office).
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events both on-site, off-site & virtually.
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible environment for all employees. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, age, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, caregiver status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We make workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.
See more open positions at Waabi
Something looks off?