Senior / Staff Software Engineer, Mapping
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2022
Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way. To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
- Be part of a team of multidisciplinary Engineers and Research Scientists using an AI-first approach to enable creating high definition maps at scale.
- Build the engineering foundations of our long-term mapping infrastructure.
- Build scalable pipelines to create, validate, maintain and visualize HD map data.
- Design and develop metrics and monitoring across the various map systems.
- Partner with map customers to capture requirements and implement new map features and intuitive APIs.
- Engineer real-time scalable, highly-available map serving for a fleet of self-driving vehicles.
- BS or higher degree in EE/ CS or equivalent minimum 5 years of industry experience.
- Experience with 3D geometry
- Solid coding proficiency in Python and experience in either C++/Rust.
- Solid experience in developing production quality software, versus only creating prototypes/proof of concepts.
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with the willingness to help others.
- Passionate about self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS/Azure/Google Cloud).
Bonus/nice to have:
- Experience with geospatial systems and tooling such as QGIS and GDAL.
- Experience with Machine Learning.
- Experience with large-scale data processing systems (e.g., Apache Spark, Airflow).
- Experience with automated testing.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
The US yearly salary range for this role is: $141,000 - $242,000 USD in addition to competitive perks & benefits. Waabi (US) Inc.’s yearly salary ranges are determined based on several factors in accordance with the Company’s compensation practices. The salary base range is reflective of the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Note: The Company provides additional compensation for employees in this role, including equity incentive awards and an annual performance bonus.
- Competitive compensation and equity awards.
- Health and Wellness benefits encompassing Medical, Dental and Vision coverage (for full-time employees only).
- Unlimited Vacation.
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support.
- Daily drinks, snacks and catered meals (when in office).
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events both on-site, off-site & virtually.
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible environment for all employees. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, age, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, caregiver status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We make workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.
See more open positions at Waabi
Something looks off?