VueReal has developed a breakthrough technology in building millions of micro/nano devices and printing them efficiently into a large surface area. This platform is the key enabler of next-generation systems for the consumer, environmental, industrial, automotive, security, autonomy, medical and healthcare sectors. We are extremely proud to partner with our customers enabling their product through the full product lifecycle.
At VueReal, you will work on some of the most innovative programs and products that address emerging markets, including Augmented/Virtual Reality, Wearables, EV display/sensors, etc.
Come and join us and be part of a team that challenges you to be your best, where you will be empowered to make a difference and where we are extremely proud of what we deliver, together.
Our Company is growing and seeking an experienced, thorough, and insightful financial controller. The Financial Controller is responsible for building scalable accounting operations of the company, ensuring timeliness and accuracy of financial reporting and filings in compliance with accounting standards and statutory requirements, evolving internal controls to maintain a strong governance framework, overseeing ERP system utilization and automation. Reporting to the VP of Finance, the ideal candidate will possess exceptional hands-on leadership, communication and project management skills with a demonstrated track record of building high performing teams. To succeed in this position, you will demonstrate an aptitude for efficiency, problem-solving, and resourcefulness, with a deep commitment to the bottom line without compromising quality.
YOUR Day-to-day Responsibilities:
- Work with the VP of Finance to lead the operations of the Accounting team across revenue, billing, cost of goods sold, inventory, financial reporting, payroll and other general accounting matters
- Understand the entire arc of the business and how productivity impacts growth
- Lead a culture of accountability and continuous improvement within the Accounting Team
- Mentor & develop finance team by prepare coaching plans for all accounting and finance personnel, including, AR, AR, Payroll, and other roles as adopted;
- Provide critical assessment of all budgets and cost projections
- Assess all incoming products, resources, and services to ensure the best price
- Collaborate with department heads to strategize ways to minimize waste
- Maintain vendor and service provider relationships, while keeping up to date on new vendors and possible cost-cutting partnerships
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the interdependency of cost drivers
- Commit to maximizing efficiency at all levels without compromising quality
- Oversee the preparation and review of financial statements, reporting and analysis.
- Coordinate internal audits to monitor performance and process improvements.
- Develop & implement consistent accounting policies, internal controls, and procedures across all teams, adhering to best practices and legal standards;
- Manage cash and banking processes while building cash forecasting capability and instilling metrics driven approach to working capital management
- Oversee the Company’s Payroll and finance ERP system and lead testing to ensure changes to be adopted have the expected financial outcomes;
- Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis;
- Ensure integrity and timeliness of quarterly and annual financial reporting in accordance with GAAP
- Reconciling and analyzing the Company’s accounts at regular intervals
- Preparing schedules and other documentation in support of the annual audit, tax returns, insurance applications, government funding and other audit and compliance activities
- Conducting ad hoc analysis as directed by leadership
TOOLs/Skills you need for your role:
- Post-secondary education plus CPA designation.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Controller or senior-level accounting / finance manager in a similar sized organization.
- Knowledge of ASPE and / or US GAAP or IFRS and accounting principles.
- Advanced level skills using Microsoft Excel, google sheets or similar software tools.
- Experience in the manufacturing or engineering industry.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Self-driven with a focus on independent problem solving and issue resolution.
TOOLs/Skills that are assets for your role:
- MicroLED Experience
- Experience with NetSuite
- Understanding of tools available to improve productivity & efficiency
- A fun, collaborative, and creative environment with a culture cultivating inclusiveness, fairness, and transparency
- Paid Vacation
- Sick, personal, and paid parental leave
- Robust benefits plan
- Continuous learning and development isn’t just part of our culture, it’s what our company is built upon.
- Stock Options
- Emerging Technology
- Idea meritocracy environment
- A scaleup company backed by major industry players
- A clear roadmap for the successful adoption of the technology (The team has developed critical enabling technologies for micro-LED displays during the past two years and is working on integrating the technologies in products during the next two years)
VueReal has developed a breakthrough technology in building millions of micro/nano devices and printing them efficiently into a large surface area. This platform is the key enabler of next-generation systems for the consumer, environmental, industrial, automotive, security, autonomy, medical and healthcare sectors.
VueReal's solution has been validated by major companies such as automotive, consumer electronics, and equipment vendors. These activities led to successful business expansion and enabled VueReal to become a supplier of critical devices in North America. This fabrication platform will impact several industries, including consumer electronics. We have aggressive growth plans across the board.
More importantly, the printing aspect of the technology makes it more efficient in material utilization leading to a significant reduction in environmental hazardous emissions and water consumption. Furthermore, higher-performance microdevices contribute to lower power consumption, resulting in substantial environmental benefits.
VueReal believes in universal acceptance for everyone everywhere. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects the entire VueReal family. As such, VueReal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by provincial or federal law. We especially invite women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply
This is an opportunity to bring your global experience and leadership of full-cycle accounting to build, coach and develop a high-performing team to fully own all aspects of the company’s corporate accounting function. We are looking for an energetic strategic thinker who is a problem solver, relationship builder and constantly seeks to learn and grow his/her and team’s capabilities as our business scales.