Compensation & People Analytics Manager
Visier is the leader in people analytics and we believe in a 'people-first' approach to business strategy. Our innovative technology transforms the way that organisations make decisions, allowing them to elevate their employees and drive better business outcomes. Embarking on an exciting new chapter in our growth story, we are looking for talented individuals who can help both Visier and our customers grow, evolve and win!
The Compensation & People Analytics Manager leads our compensation and job evaluation practices, while participating in special projects across the full spectrum of People & Culture functions. Curiosity, a consulting mindset, a love of details, and fearlessness with technology are key as you maintain practices that work and build new ones. As an individual contributor, you will be hands-on as you execute our annual pay & promotion processes, deliver people insights using our own Visier analytics and total rewards products, and coordinate data across our HR tech stack. You will flex and grow your HR skills as you participate in projects related to hiring and developing our global workforce, and to the continuous improvement of our people processes and experiences.
What you'll be doing...
- Lead multiple rewards cycles (salary, bonus, promotions) and salary surveys each year
- Prepare detailed costing and other analyses related to compensation
- Maintain continuing alignment of compensation programs with talent strategies (e.g. attraction, retention, engagement) and other organizational goals. This includes maintaining the competitiveness and compliance of salaries and compensation structures, and making recommendations on the approach to total rewards in new locations and based on changing business needs.
- Participate in job evaluation, working with leaders and HRBPs to analyze and classify jobs, research & set pay scales, assign salaries, etc.
- Educate and communicate with employees about total rewards
- Provide reporting, including data, metrics, and analyses to and on behalf of the People & Culture team
- Become a proficient expert of our people analytics approach, systems, and technology
- Manage and continuously enhance the people analytics software capabilities, coordinating work with our business intelligence team, overseeing the data integrity & integration of all HR technology, and rolling up your sleeves to test & configure as-needed
- Elevate and drive adoption of internal people analytics practices that support an increasing variety of people leaders and HR functions
- Participate as a member of the People & Culture team in projects related to talent attraction, organizational effectiveness, and HR operations
What you'll bring to the table...
- Previous ownership of pay and promotion cycles for a growing organization
- Expertise in compensation and total rewards best practices across Canada and the United States. You are a trusted advisor for frontline employees, HRBPs, and executives.
- Exposure to the full breadth of HR practices generally gained through 7+ years of HR or consulting experience.
- Intermediate Excel skills so you can create logical, scalable models and communicate what you've built to non-technical and technical audiences (e.g. Finance, analytics)
- Experience driving a variety of cross-functional projects from charter through completion
- You have a history of taking the initiative to identify and resolve complex issues (and uncover hidden opportunities) through the use of data
- A point of view on what “good people analytics” looks like, and a strong interest in growing your capabilities in the field of people analytics
- Ability to advise and persuade leaders to action orally and in writing
- Fearless with technology - You are excited to get your hands on new systems and are able to figure out any kind of software.
- Previous experience with people analytics tools beyond reporting is a plus.
Most importantly, you share our values...
- You roll up your sleeves
- You make it easy
- You are proud
- You never stop learning
- You play to win
The base pay range for this position in Canada is $90k - 120k / year + bonus
The compensation offered will be determined by factors such as relevant qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills. Many of our positions are eligible for additional types of compensation (e.g., commission plans, bonus, etc.) which our Talent Acquisition team will share with you if you interview for the role.
See the #VisierLife in action
Instagram - @visierlife
Linkedin - https://www.linkedin.com/company/visier-analytics/
Hear what it's like to work Visier here