Staff UX Designer (12 month contract)
Visier is the leader in people analytics and we believe in a 'people-first' approach to business strategy. Our innovative technology transforms the way that organisations make decisions, allowing them to elevate their employees and drive better business outcomes. Embarking on an exciting new chapter in our growth story, we are looking for talented individuals who can help both Visier and our customers grow, evolve and win!
In this position you will be focused on leveraging AI, machine learning and other related technologies in our UX, in order to make our user experience as seamless and intuitive as possible. You will work on existing products, such as Vee, our AI Digital Assistant, as well as other cutting edge features and products we are taking to market.
What you'll be doing...
- You will work closely with fellow designers, product managers, and engineering colleagues to understand complex scenarios and use cases for Visier’ interface and other net new applications: Analytic modelling, data management, app configuration, app security, and more.
- Working iteratively, you’ll translate concepts into sketches, wireframes and prototypes to establish a strong user experience vision and then review and validate your designs directly with end-users and stakeholders through testing and feedback sessions.
- You will support development with the right level of documentation and guidance as they begin to implement your design.
- You will be creating wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups, using Figma, InVision, and other related design tools.
- You’ll be supported in your work with a top-notch design and development team that has already been successful in launching our initial products to market, and you’ll have great opportunities to learn, contribute and grow at a fast pace
- You will also be responsible for mentoring and helping to develop more junior designers and coops.
What you'll bring to the table...
- Strong interaction design background, ideally including experience with enterprise software products
- A self-starter who can take ownership of complex UX problems, from discovery, concept, validation phases, right through to delivery of solution
- Experience wireframing, prototyping, and creating high-fidelity mockups
- Experience conducting user research, running usability tests
- Experience working with design systems
- Experience with some industry standard design tools (Figma, Adobe CC, InVision, or other related design tools)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity and experience with design and development processes (Lean, Agile, Design Sprints, Design Thinking)
- Humility and open-mindedness
- Although not required, experience in enterprise software design and / or Business Intelligence, Analytics, or Data Visualization domains would be a major advantage
Most importantly, you share our values...
- You roll up your sleeves
- You make it easy
- You are proud
- You never stop learning
- You play to win
The base pay range for this position in the Canada is $108k - $162k / year.
The compensation offered will be determined by factors such as relevant qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills. Many of our positions are eligible for additional types of compensation (e.g., commission plans, bonus, etc.) which our Talent Acquisition team will share with you if you interview for the role
See the #VisierLife in action
Instagram - @visierlife
Linkedin - https://www.linkedin.com/company/visier-analytics/
Hear what it's like to work Visier here