IT Service Desk
Visier is the leader in people analytics and we believe in a 'people-first' approach to business strategy. Our innovative technology transforms the way that organisations make decisions, allowing them to elevate their employees and drive better business outcomes. Embarking on an exciting new chapter in our growth story, we are looking for talented individuals who can help both Visier and our customers grow, evolve and win!
Reporting into our Head of IT, the IT Service Desk role is best suited to someone with an analytical mindset, elevated communication skills and a passion for problem solving. You'll provide fast and reliable support and service for our internal teams based in office - Vancouver, Toronto, Berlin, as well as remote employees. This role is based locally in Vancouver and work a hybrid 3 days in office, 2 days work from home schedule.
What you'll be doing...
- Providing Tier 1 support via phone or remote control to provide assistance on a variety of hardware and software issues including hardware/operating system support, peripheral devices, communication problems, application support, basic network support issues and system access issues
- Performing centralized administration duties such as setting up new Network/email accounts, password resets and changing access levels in various applications/drives Supporting collaboration tools such as G Suite (Drive, Docs, Gmail), Slack, Jira/Confluence, etc.
- Uses appropriate communication skills and questioning techniques to assess customer needs in a timely manner.
- Maintaining and documenting system procedures and processes
- Providing follow-up client contact to ensure satisfactory resolution of requests and to solicit input concerning need for support services
- Ensuring quality of the incident record prior to resolving the incident
- May be asked to perform other duties as required
What you'll bring to the table...
- Experience in a technical-focused Service Desk, Helpdesk or Desktop environment dealing with hardware & software issues
- Extensive knowledge of desktops, laptops, printers, mobile devices, and all peripherals including audio/video devices
- Exceptional ability to support Mac and Linux operating systems
- Must have excellent English oral, comprehension and written communication skills and ability to convert technical terms into everyday language to ensure understanding
- Detailed and team oriented individual with excellent customer service, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Experience using an IT Service Management tracking system such as ServiceNow is an asset
- Ability to lift/carry/move up to 50lbs
Most importantly, you share our values...
- You roll up your sleeves
- You make it easy
- You are proud
- You never stop learning
- You play to win
The base pay range for this position in the Canada is $55k - $70k / year + bonus
The compensation offered will be determined by factors such as relevant qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills. Many of our positions are eligible for additional types of compensation (e.g., commission plans, bonus, etc.) which our Talent Acquisition team will share with you if you interview for the role.
See the #VisierLife in action
Linkedin - https://www.linkedin.com/company/visier-analytics/
Hear what it's like to work Visier here