Data Scientist Co-op (January 2024 - August 2024)
Visier is the leader in people analytics. We are passionate about a 'people first' approach to business strategy and our addictive technology is transforming the way that organisations make decisions. Recently closing a hugely successful funding round and a landmark $1b valuation, Visier is embarking on an incredible phase of its 12 year growth Journey.
Our co-op experience is unique and designed to prepare you for professional success. Our ultimate goal is to give you the mentorship, training and work experience you need to start your career successfully!
As part of Visiers R&D organization, our data science team is responsible for the development of advanced numerical algorithms and statistical techniques that generate business insights from human resource data. Mentored by a experienced Data Scientist you will collaborate on projects that match both your interests and Visier business needs. This could be software engineering focused (e.g. enhancing our machine learning pipelines or prototyping of automated insight generation), or research focused (e.g. unveiling compelling insights into the workforce from our unique multi-million employee cross-customers data set).
What you'll be doing...
- Modelling the problem at hand, such that it directly solves underlying business problems
- Brainstorming to identify the correct data required to solve business problems
- Performing statistical analysis on data to build statistical/machine learning models
- Identifying the right metrics to measure the success of the models and projects
- Communicating and presenting your work to stakeholders across the organisation
- Conducting independently research, in order to gain domain knowledge and learn cutting-edge techniques
What you'll bring to the table...
- Strong understanding of statistics and how to apply scientific methods to data using algorithms
- Coding skills in Scala, Python or other relevant languages
- Attention to detail and big picture thinking
- Knowledge in one of the following areas would be an advantage:
- Hypothesis testing
- Machine learning techniques
- Scientific analysis and knowledge generation
Most importantly, you share our values...
- You roll up your sleeves
- You make it easy
- You are proud
- You never stop learning
- You play to win
See the #VisierLife in action
Linkedin - https://www.linkedin.com/company/visier-analytics/
Hear what it's like to work Visier here