Senior Software Developer (Core)
At Vidyard, we make life easier for sellers, marketers and corporate communicators. Our video messaging tools, digital sales room platform, and other products are used by Microsoft, LinkedIn, and thousands of other companies. We’re passionate about elevating our customers, our teammates, our communities, and ourselves.
About the Role
Vidyard is seeking a Senior Software Developer to join our dynamic Core Team, a pivotal force behind our leading video platform and user experience. As a key player in this team, you will take ownership of critical services, including encoding, dashboard, chrome extension, mobile app, captions, thumbnails, and more. This role is instrumental in shaping the core features and functionality that define Vidyard's offerings to our valued customers.
Reporting directly to the Software Development Manager, you'll collaborate with a cross-functional team of developers, designers, and product managers to address customer challenges and deliver exceptional software solutions.
This is a remote role open to candidates located in Canada.
About the Team
Our Core Team is composed of twelve developers, two product managers, and two designers divided into 3 streams of work:
Engage Stream: The Engage Stream is dedicated to crafting and maintaining features that delight our customers. We aim to ensure that customers make the most of our platform's rich array of tools, fostering a seamless and rewarding user experience.
Scale Stream: The Scale Stream takes charge of our enterprise accounts, meticulously curating the features and functionalities essential for our corporate customers. This team is focused on ensuring our product meets and exceeds the unique requirements of our enterprise accounts.
Tech Stream: At the heart of our Core Team's responsibilities lies the Tech Stream, which takes ownership of a substantial portion of our application. This stream is tasked with spearheading projects to guarantee the performance, quality, availability, and scalability demanded by our system and valued customers.
What You’ll Bring to this Role and Your New Team:
- A solid background in software engineering—you have had 6+ years of experience shipping user-facing, scalable web products.
- The ability to work across the software stack as a generalist while bringing experience to either front-end or back-end development.
- A history of success delivering on different initiatives in an agile, iterative environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills—you strive for clarity and understanding and can navigate discussions around risks and tradeoffs.
- The desire to drive improvements to our quality, reliability, and performance standards.
- Lean thinking and an experimental, metrics-driven mindset.
- A high tolerance for ambiguity and a recognition that action is sometimes the best path to discovery.
- Nice to have experience with Mobile or Desktop app development.
- Eager to share knowledge among other senior - staff level developers and mentor junior and intermediate developers on your team.
Our Tech Stack
- Version control - e.g. Git, Mercurial, SVN
- Testing frameworks such as RSpec, Jest, Mocha
- Modern front-end stacks - e.g., Webpack, Babel, Vue.js, React.js
- Modern mobile frameworks - React Native
- Server technologies such as Node.js and Ruby on Rails
- Relational Databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Experience architecting microservice infrastructures
- Distributed computing concerns such as message queues and pub/sub
- Operational concerns such as monitoring and logging
Our engineering team consists of generalists with expertise leaning toward either front-end or back-end development, all maintaining a comprehensive understanding of the full stack. Join us in shaping the future of Vidyard's core offerings and delivering unparalleled value to our customers.
As we also value user obsession, we prioritize our users, customers and community so you can expect to hear from our team even if you are not selected to move forward.
What You’ll Love about Vidyard:
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive, flexible benefits on day one*
- Wellness allowance to spend on what’s important to you
- Flexible hours + unlimited vacation + programs to support travel while working, enabling you to live your best life
- Access to Inkblot, a digital mental health platform + $1,500/person/year for mental health coverage*
- Allowance to support your ongoing growth and development
- Parental leave top-up
- Paid volunteer hours
- Employee resource groups to empower and drive change at Vidyard and in our communities
- RRSP match*
- Stock options
- Flexible holiday program
- Home office stipend
- Flexibility to work in the place that brings out your best: whether you thrive in the comfort of your home office, or are local to, and prefer the energy of our collaboration space in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, there is flexibility for all. Although we default to remote-first there will be occasional in-person meetings/events purposefully designed for connection and collaboration.
Vidyard is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify us at email@example.com.