Emerging Account Executive
At Vidyard, we make life easier for sellers, marketers and corporate communicators. Our video messaging tools, digital sales room platform, and other products are used by Microsoft, LinkedIn, and thousands of other companies. We're passionate about elevating our customers, our teammates, our communities, and ourselves.
About the Role
Vidyard is looking for an Emerging Account Executive to join our Emerging Sales team. Reporting to the Director of Emerging Sales and Business Development, you will be responsible for establishing Vidyard as a trusted business partner and acquiring new customers.
The Emerging AE role is a hunter role and a great opportunity to continue polishing your skills and sales habits as you grow in your sales career. This role is a combination of both inbound and outbound sourced opportunities - you will be responsible for prospecting, running efficient discoveries, demos, pricing, and negotiations on all sales opportunities with executive-level personas.
Vidyard provides engaged account lists, cadences, and talk tracks to guide you in your prospecting. Inbound opportunity volume is dependent on the market. You will be expected to achieve weekly/monthly targets, including: contacts worked, meetings booked, and pipeline generated to help you attain your quarterly/monthly revenue goals.
This role is a great opportunity to accelerate your sales learnings, growth, and success while you make a significant impact on Vidyard’s success!
This is a remote role open to candidates located in Canada.
About the Team
The Emerging Sales team focuses on 1-300 employee count organizations within North America who are quickly growing.
Although reps are responsible for individual quotas, the team embodies Team Selling, as each member offers continuous support and help in their own way. Being part of the Emerging Sales Team means you truly manifest Vidyard’s core values. We are relentlessly resourceful, we own it, we drive change together, and we are user obsessed.
What You’ll Work On
- Managing fast and high volume sales cycles
- Managing relationships with new customers from initial outreach through contract execution
- Presenting the value of our solutions to the customers’ individual needs
- Forecasting sales activity and revenue achievement
- Performing online demos of our product
- Focusing on establishing Vidyard as a trusted business partner for new business accounts
As an Account Executive You Can Expect to
- Be up and running within 90 days with a 3 month ramp period, with a target of closing your first deal within 30 days
- Learn how to pitch the value of features, handle objection, negotiate and close deals
- Prospect to source your own opportunities while working closely with the Sales Development Representatives on inbound opportunities
- Be a part of “high performance mindset” team - join regular huddles, enablement, and team collaborations
- Communicate effectively daily with manager as this is a remote role
- Practice regular mock calls and weekly call coaching
What You’ll Bring to this Role and Your New Team:
- 3+ years of outbound business development experience within SaaS
- Proven track-record of overachieving quota/targets
- CRM experience, Salesforce preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of SaaS concepts such as ARR, AOV, MRR, Churn, etc.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Experience with outbound prospecting, as we do high volume outreach to targeted accounts
- Experience with high volume, transactional sales
- Full cycle sales experience preferred
Our Tech Stack
- Sales Navigator
Job descriptions can be overwhelming. At Vidyard we are motivated to drive change together and deeply value the unique experiences, abilities and opinions you possess, so if this role sounds like your next adventure, but you don’t feel entirely qualified, apply! We value candidates who own it, and if you’re relentlessly resourceful too, you might be exactly who we are looking for.
As we also value user obsession, we prioritize our users, customers and community so you can expect to hear from our team even if you are not selected to move forward.
What You’ll Love about Vidyard:
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive, flexible benefits on day one*
- Wellness allowance to spend on what's important to you
- Unlimited vacation + programs to support travel while working, enabling you to live your best life
- Access to Inkblot, a digital mental health platform + $1,500/person/year for mental health coverage*
- Allowance to support your ongoing growth and development
- Parental leave top-up
- Paid volunteer hours
- Employee resource groups to empower and drive change at Vidyard and in our communities
- RRSP match*
- Stock options
- Flexible holiday program
- Home office stipend
- Flexibility to work in the place that brings out your best: whether you thrive in the comfort of your home office, or are local to, and prefer the energy of our collaboration space in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, there is flexibility for all. Although we default to remote-first there will be occasional in-person meetings/events purposefully designed for connection and collaboration.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Vidyard. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Unsolicited resumes from Agencies will not be accepted.