Senior Mobile Application Developer
Vidyard is the video platform that's built for business. Sales reps, marketers, and corporate communicators use Vidyard to record and share videos that grab attention and deliver their message in a personal, impactful way. It's the video tool of choice for Microsoft, LinkedIn, and thousands of other companies. We're passionate about elevating our customers, our teammates, our communities, and ourselves.
About the Role
Vidyard is looking for a Senior Mobile Application Developer to join our Development team. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will play a key role by improving our current mobile application while also influencing its future state. This is a great opportunity to provide mentorship, collaborate with other developers, product managers and designers while having a significant impact on Vidyard’s mobile product and services.
This is a remote role open to candidates located in the United States or Canada.
About the Team
Vidyard’s Mobile Application Developer will sit within our Create team, which consists of 1 Software Development Manager, 13 Developers, 2 Product Managers and 2 Product Designers. The specific focus of the team is the development of our video creation capabilities and it is one of our larger teams! Although the candidate for this role will be focused on Vidyard’s Mobile Application, the Create team will act as a support system and will be helpful in providing historical context of the tool.
As a Senior Mobile Application Developer You Can Expect to:
- Quickly evaluate and take ownership of Vidyard’s existing mobile solution.
- Develop, test, implement, and maintain Vidyard’s mobile applications.
- Own mobile quality assurance and the full mobile development lifecycle.
- Evaluate and troubleshoot system challenges.
- Consider and highlight areas for improvement of the mobile application.
- Work independently and collaboratively with Product Managers and Designers to make recommendations regarding the current and future state of the mobile application.
- Release updated mobile applications on both Android and iOS operating systems in order to ensure users have a consistent and error free experience.
- Maintain mobile applications as frameworks and/or requirements change in the future.
What You’ll Bring to this Role and Your New Team:
- Over 5 years of experience and expertise in developing iOS and Android applications in React Native.
- Previous experience owning Mobile quality assurance and the full mobile development lifecycle.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- A history of success delivering on mobile initiatives in an agile, iterative environment.
- Past experience working at a SaaS Product Led Growth company.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills—you strive for clarity and understanding, and you can navigate discussions around risks and tradeoffs.
- The ability to drive improvements to our standards of quality, reliability, and performance.
- Lean thinking and an experimental, metrics-driven mindset.
- A high tolerance for ambiguity and an understanding that action is sometimes the best path to discovery.
Our Tech Stack
- React Native (iOS & Android)
- Version control - e.g. Git, Mercurial, SVN
- Testing frameworks such as RSpec, Jest, Mocha
- Modern front-end stacks - e.g. Webpack, Babel, Vue.js, React.js
- Server technologies such as Node.js and Ruby on Rails
- Relational Databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL
Job descriptions can be overwhelming. At Vidyard we are motivated to drive change together and deeply value the unique experiences, abilities and opinions you possess, so if this role sounds like your next adventure, but you don’t feel entirely qualified, apply! We value candidates who own it, and if you’re relentlessly resourceful too, you might be exactly who we are looking for.
As we also value user obsession, we prioritize our users, customers and community so you can expect to hear from our team even if you are not selected to move forward.
What You’ll Love About Vidyard:
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive, flexible benefits on day one*
- Wellness allowance to spend on what's important to you
- Flexible hours + unlimited vacation + programs to support travel while working, enabling you to live your best life
- Access to Inkblot, a digital mental health platform + $1,500/person/year for mental health coverage*
- Allowance to support your ongoing growth and development
- Parental leave top-up
- Paid volunteer hours
- Employee resource groups to empower and drive change at Vidyard and in our communities
- RRSP match*
- Stock options
- Flexible holiday program
- Home office stipend
- Flexibility to work in the place that brings out your best: whether you thrive in the comfort of your home office, or are local to, and prefer the energy of our collaboration space in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, there is flexibility for all. Although we default to remote-first there will be occasional in-person meetings/events purposefully designed for connection and collaboration.
*Benefits described are Canadian specific, if you’re located in another country our People team will speak with you about localized benefits for you.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Vidyard. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Unsolicited resumes from Agencies will not be accepted.
Something looks off?