Senior Product Designer
Remote · Canada
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2024
About Versapay 🚀
Versapay is the leader in Collaborative Accounts Receivable. The Versapay Collaborative AR Network is the first solution that empowers the genius of teams by bridging the gap between suppliers and buyers through a shared, digital experience. Versapay’s accounts receivable (AR) automation solutions and next-generation B2B payments network make billing and payments easier for enterprises, increasing efficiencies, accelerating cash flow, and dramatically improving the customer experience.
Founded in 2006, the company has grown into a global network of 9,000+ clients and 1,000,000+ users handling 40+ million new invoices and driving $60+ billion in global payment volume annually.
Versapay goes beyond traditional AR automation to deliver customer-driven experiences. The results? Versapay’s clients benefit from improved payment times and stronger customer relationships with an over 80% portal adoption rate.
Owned by Great Hill Partners, Versapay is based in Toronto with offices in Atlanta and Miami.
Think you might be the next Veep to join? Read on!!
⭐️ We obsess over our customers.
⭐️ We help each other.
⭐️ We embrace diversity.
⭐️ We find better ways.
⭐️ We get things done.
⭐️ We own it.
Versapay is seeking a Senior Product Designer to join the Design Team. This role requires a deep understanding of design thinking, UX, UI, and design systems. The Senior Product Designer role is critical to the success of our core product suite, with the primary focus on reimagining the in-app experience for nearly 10K customers and 1M+ users. This role reports directly to the Creative Director under the VP of Design and Product Marketing.
What you'll do:
- Be a strategic and collaborative designer. You'll lead high-impact projects by aligning design with business goals while putting the customer squarely at the center. Communicate your strong product vision through presentations, user stories, prototypes, and user flows. Enhance strategies holistically, mentor designers, and be a top-notch design partner for internal stakeholders, ensuring cohesive and high-quality solutions. Proactively collaborate with Product Managers, Engineers, Product Marketers, and the Senior Leadership Team.
- Roll up your sleeves and lead the rebuild of Versapay's product design system. Reimagine and maintain the product experience and atomic design system across a suite of tools. Masterfully build a scalable and cohesive Figma design library in collaboration with other Designers, Engineers, and Product Leaders. Then, maintain and grow the design system over time to improve UX and UI. Spearhead iterative prototyping, promote a culture of continuous testing, and co-create the product vision with stakeholders for both long-term and short-term releases that deliver customer value.
- Obsess over our customers and their experiences. Dive deep into understanding customer workflows—the good and bad. Enhance Versapay's product, focusing on valuable experiences to amplify and gaps to address so customers can make better strategic financial choices. Conduct independent discovery research, usability testing, and workshops to validate design decisions and ensure the product aligns with user needs and expectations.
- Lead across and up through Design Thinking. Collaborate with Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, and other teams through problem definition and shared user understanding. Advocate for Design Thinking principles, driving organizational change by educating on user-centered design, empathy, and creative problem-solving. Conduct workshops and training to embed these principles across departments, supporting our adoption of divergent and convergent design methods.
- Be data-informed and results-driven. Craft user-centric narratives based on mindset, motivation, and behavior to create exceptional product experiences. Conduct thorough design research to understand customer preferences, jobs-to-be-done, and value drivers. Use data and user feedback to guide evidence-based design choices aligned with strategic goals. Challenge assumptions and promote a deep insights-driven mindset among peers and stakeholders.
- Own sprint delivery with flexibility. Self-manage project timelines in an Agile sprint environment with commitments. Drive projects to completion on time and with high-quality standards. Stay self-motivated, keeping stakeholders informed and adapting positively to sprint changes or interruptions. Collaborate with the Design Team and seek stakeholder feedback to enhance design processes.
What you'll bring to the team:
- Product design expert with 6–10 years of experience designing applications to meet business objectives, especially in mid-market or enterprise B2B
- Portfolio showcasing excellent design acumen and design system case studies
- Mastery in key tools and methodology:
- Figma design software and continued learning as enhancements launch
- Systems thinking, including building atomic design systems from scratch and maintaining systems across multiple tools and databases
- Prototyping designs, including presenting to users and stakeholders
- User research, including insight gathering and data synthesis from programs like Helio, Heap, and UserTesting (or similar)
- Design thinking, including user-centered design and leading convergent and divergent workshops in FigJam (or similar)
- Excel in explaining the impact of your work, tradeoffs, lessons learned, and design rationale
- While not in a formal management role, you maintain top-notch product design standards across the team and with collaborators
All of our Veeps live out our core values:
We look for excellence: individuals that are better than we are and not only meet our values but bring value to our teams.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. Think you have what it takes, but not sure you check every box? Apply to the role anyways. We’d love to talk and determine together whether you could be a great fit!
We are committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and accessible. Versapay is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without discrimination. Please let us know if accommodation for the recruitment/interview process is required and we will work with you to make sure your needs are addressed.