Manager, Financial Institution Partnerships
Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, January 4, 2024
About Versapay 🚀
Versapay is the leader in Collaborative Accounts Receivable. The Versapay Collaborative AR Network is the first solution that empowers the genius of teams by bridging the gap between suppliers and buyers through a shared, digital experience. Versapay’s accounts receivable (AR) automation solutions and next-generation B2B payments network make billing and payments easier for enterprises, increasing efficiencies, accelerating cash flow, and dramatically improving the customer experience.
Founded in 2006, the company has grown into a global network of 9,000+ clients and 1,000,000+ users handling 40+ million new invoices and driving $60+ billion in global payment volume annually.
Versapay goes beyond traditional AR automation to deliver customer-driven experiences. The results? Versapay’s clients benefit from improved payment times and stronger customer relationships with an over 80% portal adoption rate.
Owned by Great Hill Partners, Versapay is based in Toronto with offices in Atlanta and Miami.
Think you might be the next Veep to join? Read on!!
⭐️ We obsess over our customers.
⭐️ We help each other.
⭐️ We embrace diversity.
⭐️ We find better ways.
⭐️ We get things done.
⭐️ We own it.
How you’ll have a massive impact here – and on your career:
As the Manager, Financial Institution Partnerships, you will be responsible for developing and managing strategic relationships with our financial institution partnerships to grow new bookings and revenue for Versapay. In this role, you will own the execution of our growth strategy for our partnerships and be accountable for the success of the channel. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including sales, marketing, product development, and finance, to drive the growth and success of our partnership program. This role requires financial institution specific experience and a keen ability to identify and cultivate mutually beneficial partnerships. Reporting to the Senior Director of Financial Institution Partnerships, you will also have a key influence on all aspects of our partnership program and how we execute successful partnerships.
What you'll do:
- Serve as the dedicated partner manager to grow and cultivate long-lasting relationships with Versapay’s financial institution partners.
- Act as the primary point of contact for partner inquiries, concerns, and escalations.
- Lead partner initiatives including sales training, product demonstrations, performance analysis & optimization, business reviews, reporting & compliance requests, billing inquiries, basic technical support, and more.
- Advocate for partner needs to help guide product development roadmap.
- Participate in partner sales presentations, discovery calls, and qualification calls – both virtually and in-person.
- Support full sales cycle as a subject matter expert to deliver KPIs.
- Develop and launch sales campaigns in cooperation with both internal and partner marketing teams.
- Develop strategies and account plans to deepen partner relationships for mutual benefit including cross sell / up sell of new products, features, and integrations.
- Grow partnerships through data-backed strategy and programs that consider the partner's overall strategy, ecosystem, market trends, industry needs, and product compatibility.
- Maintain a deep level of understanding of our financial institution partner programs. Identify unique opportunities to be a part of our partners’ overall go to market and product strategy.
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and operating mechanisms such as sales pipeline reviews to continuously measure the success and effectiveness of partnerships. KPIs will include top of funnel through bottom of funnel building, and funnel reporting, to identify insights and areas of opportunity; and maximize partnership results.
- Monitor partner performance and track progress towards achieving mutually agreed-upon bookings targets and other goals.
- Provide regular reports and updates to senior management on partnership activities and outcomes including leads passed, conversion rates, pipeline generated, and pipeline closed.
- Provide consultative guidance to and build relationships with key stakeholders across all levels and functions of the partner’s organization.
- Work closely with sales teams to leverage partner relationships to meet bookings targets.
- Collaborate with the product development team to ensure product-market fit and that our integrations are working effectively for our mutual clients.
- Coordinate with marketing teams to create, execute, and measure marketing campaigns and programs.
Go to Market Execution
Performance Monitoring and Reporting
What you'll bring to the team:
- 5 years proven experience in a selling role, driving revenue through partnerships, alliances, and channel programs.
- 3+ years working for or with financial institutions.
- Experience driving sales and a proven track record building relationships and targeting key decision makers to push opportunities and partnerships forward.
- Experience working with virtual teams across functions and geographies.
- Proficient in Salesforce and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Experience working for SaaS software and tech-driven services companies.
- Strong financial acumen and working knowledge of Accounts Receivable processes.
- Self-starter who is motivated to learn in a fast-paced environment, and can work independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent written & verbal communication, organization and prioritization skills.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, with an emphasis on building internal and external relationships.
- Passion for building strong relationships and collaborating with others.
- The ability to prioritize multiple projects, opportunities, and personalities across the deal cycle.
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through with partners.
- Experience working in high-ambiguity environments and turning uncertainty into opportunity.
- You’re naturally curious and confident, love to ask questions, listen, and learn from conversations; then use that to evangelize how innovative fintech solutions can help partners and prospects on their path to digital transformation.
- You’re well organized and can handle managing a lot of moving pieces at once, often coordinating internal teams to bring the best that Versapay can offer to your clients.
- You’ve got a bias toward action, love to dive in and get stuff done.
- You are comfortable working with people at any level in the organization, nurturing them as needed, and becoming a trusted advisor.
- You have a competitive attitude with previous experience crushing a sales quota and love closing deals!
All of our Veeps live out our core values:
We look for excellence: individuals that are better than we are and not only meet our values but bring value to our teams.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. Think you have what it takes, but not sure you check every box? Apply to the role anyways. We’d love to talk and determine together whether you could be a great fit!
We are committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and accessible. Versapay is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without discrimination. Please let us know if accommodation for the recruitment/interview process is required and we will work with you to make sure your needs are addressed.