Software Engineering, Data Science
Remote · Canada
Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2023
About Versapay 🚀
Versapay is the leader in Collaborative Accounts Receivable. The Versapay Collaborative AR Network is the first solution that empowers the genius of teams by bridging the gap between suppliers and buyers through a shared, digital experience. Versapay’s accounts receivable (AR) automation solutions and next-generation B2B payments network make billing and payments easier for enterprises, increasing efficiencies, accelerating cash flow, and dramatically improving the customer experience.
Founded in 2006, the company has grown into a global network of 9,000+ clients and 1,000,000+ users handling 40+ million new invoices and driving $60+ billion in global payment volume annually.
Versapay goes beyond traditional AR automation to deliver customer-driven experiences. The results? Versapay’s clients benefit from improved payment times and stronger customer relationships with an over 80% portal adoption rate.
Owned by Great Hill Partners, Versapay is based in Toronto with offices in Atlanta and Miami.
Think you might be the next Veep to join? Read on!!
⭐️ We obsess over our customers.
⭐️ We help each other.
⭐️ We embrace diversity.
⭐️ We find better ways.
⭐️ We get things done.
⭐️ We own it.
Here’s how you’ll make a huge impact here – and on your career:
The Analytics team at Versapay exists to deliver insights that unlock growth and drive efficiency. This role expands the impact and capacity of the existing data engineering function. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated and creative Data Engineer with a deep passion for data, an entrepreneurial spirit, intense curiosity, and a propensity for user-centric design.
You will be integral in shaping the future of our data infrastructure, architecture, and semantic layer, which in turn fuels a larger flywheel of data-influenced outcomes. Your playground will consist of best-in-class technologies that support ETL, storage, and data warehousing.
Reporting to the Vice President of Analytics, you’ll leverage your natural curiosity, technical acumen, and attention to detail to ensure internal users have access to high-quality and highly reliable data. Successful candidates thrive in ambiguous and highly collaborative environments. This role is designed to drive change, meaning a great candidate remains effective while demonstrating agility.
What You'll Do:
- Support Reliable Pipelines: Maintain and create efficient, low-touch, and observable data pipelines.
- Expand Data Warehousing Footprint: Build a scalable, resilient, and cost-effective data warehousing solution in Snowflake.
- Promote Model Adoption: Create intuitive data models designed for business user consumption. Partner with business analysts to translate data requirements into modular database objects to extend flexible data analysis.
- Champion Communication: Promote transparency and accessibility with well-written technical documentation and adherence to predictable project management. Collaborate with a cross-functional team of data practitioners and analysts.
- Crave Efficiency and Innovation: Explore innovative approaches to automate manual efforts and improve team efficiency. Identify opportunities to improve existing data processes.
- Implement Agile Methodologies: Deconstruct projects into manageable increments of work, fostering adaptability, and utilizing tools to organize and communicate progress.
What You'll Bring To The Team:
- Proven experience as a Data Engineer with a focus on project management.
- Technical Competency: Proficiency in SQL and the ability to read/write complex queries. Strong programming skills in languages like Python or Java.
- Systems Thinking Mindset: Demonstrated experience and consideration for the interconnectedness of data systems and business context.
- Superlative Communication: High standards for written and verbal communication. Demonstrated ability to present complex ideas to technical and business audiences. Assertive with humility — able to communicate both persuasively and positively.
- “Builder” Mentality: Thrive in ambiguous environments, with a track record of defining and executing net new initiatives. Desire to solve puzzles without obvious starting point. Excellent problem-solving skills and a proactive attitude.
- Intellectual Curiosity: A profound sense of ownership, passion for data, and an unquenchable curiosity. A love for learning and exposure to new ideas, technologies, and techniques.
- Preferred: Prior experience in the payments industry. AWS or Snowflake certification is a plus.
All of our Veeps live out our core values:
We look for excellence: individuals that are better than we are and not only meet our values but bring value to our teams.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. Think you have what it takes, but not sure you check every box? Apply to the role anyways. We’d love to talk and determine together whether you could be a great fit!
We are committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and accessible. Versapay is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without discrimination. Please let us know if accommodation for the recruitment/interview process is required and we will work with you to make sure your needs are addressed.