Director, Software Sales- Upper Mid-Market
Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
About Versapay 🚀
Versapay is the leader in Collaborative Accounts Receivable. The Versapay Collaborative AR Network is the first solution that empowers the genius of teams by bridging the gap between suppliers and buyers through a shared, digital experience. Versapay’s accounts receivable (AR) automation solutions and next-generation B2B payments network make billing and payments easier for enterprises, increasing efficiencies, accelerating cash flow, and dramatically improving the customer experience.
Founded in 2006, the company has grown into a global network of 9,000+ clients and 1,000,000+ users handling 40+ million new invoices and driving $60+ billion in global payment volume annually.
Versapay goes beyond traditional AR automation to deliver customer-driven experiences. The results? Versapay’s clients benefit from improved payment times and stronger customer relationships with an over 80% portal adoption rate.
Owned by Great Hill Partners, Versapay is based in Toronto with offices in Atlanta and Miami.
Think you might be the next Veep to join? Read on!!
⭐️ We obsess over our customers.
⭐️ We help each other.
⭐️ We embrace diversity.
⭐️ We find better ways.
⭐️ We get things done.
⭐️ We own it.
How you’ll have a massive impact here – and on your career:
As the Director of Software Sales- Upper Mid-Market, you will be responsible for developing and managing a team of Software AEs selling to $100M+ companies, converting leads from the Sales Development Team as well as strategic relationships with Financial Institutions, NetSuite, Microsoft, and Sage Intacct and their associated Value Added Resellers (VARs) to grow new bookings and revenue for Versapay. In this role, you will own the Upper Mid-Market Team’s annual revenue number and be responsible for growing the organization while influencing the Sales Development and Partner sales strategies for growth of our Fintech and VAR partnerships. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including partner, software sales, marketing, product development, and finance, to drive the growth and success of our Software Sales Team. This role requires Fintech specific experience, a deep understanding of fintech software, and a keen ability to identify and cultivate mutually beneficial partnerships. Reporting to the Vice President of Sales & Business Development, you will also have a key influence on all aspects of our sales program and how we execute successful go-to-market campaigns.
What you'll do:
- Coach and executive sponsor a team of highly skilled and passionate Software Sales AEs responsible for closing multi-threaded deals referred by SDRs, FVARs, and Strategic Partner Sales Teams to maximize sales
- Deploy best-in-class sales strategies and processes, and co-create and execute the blueprint for the team’s success
- Act as the primary point of contact for Software prospects’ inquiries, concerns, and escalations.
- Negotiate high value software agreements and terms to ensure favorable terms for both our Customers and Versapay.
- Maintain a deep level of understanding of the pains we solve and how to build a business case for change with our prospects.
- Collaborate with marketing and partner team to leverage partner relationships to meet bookings targets and develop joint marketing initiatives, co-selling opportunities, and co-development projects.
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and operating mechanisms to continuously measure the success and effectiveness of partnerships.
- Monitor sales team performance and track progress towards achieving target
- Provide regular reports and updates to senior management on sales activities and outcomes including conversion rates, pipeline generated, and pipeline closed.
- Collaboration cross-functional with Sales Development, Sales Engineering, Product, Marketing, Sales Support, Underwriting, and Implementation Teams
- Collaborate with the product development team to ensure product-market fit and that our integrations are working effectively for our mutual clients.
What you'll bring to the team:
- Required Experience
- 5+ years of experience working for a fast-paced SaaS or Fintech company.
- 3-5 years of experience leading a SaaS Sales Team
- 2+ years of experience leading an Upper Mid-Market or Enterprise Team
- 2+ years of experience negotiating directly with Finance Leaders as part of your core buying persona- Controllers, VPs of Finance, CFOs, CTOs, CIOs, and/or CAOs.
- Implementing, reinforcing, and providing ongoing coaching with a proven sales methodology – deep knowledge of all elements of the sales process from discovery through solutioning, ROI discussions, executive proposals, negotiating and closing, and implementation team handoffs.
- Proven track record building relationships and targeting key decision makers to push opportunities forward and delivering results and exceeding quota.
- Working with and leading virtual teams across functions and geographies.
- Creating operational rigor, identifying and replicating core KPIs
- Experience in the Payments industry a plus.
- About You
- Passion for Sales and all things Sales related
- Excellent at building strong relationships and collaborating with others.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, opportunities, and personalities across the deal cycle.
- Problem-solving mentality, you leverage internal and/or external resources, resolve conflicts and follow through with partners.
- Naturally curious and confident, you love to ask questions, listen, and learn from conversations; then use that to evangelize how innovative fintech solutions can help partners and prospects on their path to digital transformation.
- Very comfortable with salesforce reporting and working with both structured and raw data to understand the business well enough to grow and exceed targets.
- Well organized,you manage lots of moving pieces at once, often coordinating internal teams to bring the best that Versapay can offer to your clients.
- A bias toward action, you love to dive in and get stuff done.
- Comfortable working with people at any level in the organization, you nurture them as needed, and become a trusted advisor.
- A competitive attitude with experience crushing a sales quota, you love closing deals!
All of our Veeps live out our core values:
We look for excellence: individuals that are better than we are and not only meet our values but bring value to our teams.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. Think you have what it takes, but not sure you check every box? Apply to the role anyways. We’d love to talk and determine together whether you could be a great fit!
We are committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and accessible. Versapay is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without discrimination. Please let us know if accommodation for the recruitment/interview process is required and we will work with you to make sure your needs are addressed.