Director, Payment Sales
Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
About Versapay 🚀
Versapay is the leader in Collaborative Accounts Receivable. The Versapay Collaborative AR Network is the first solution that empowers the genius of teams by bridging the gap between suppliers and buyers through a shared, digital experience. Versapay’s accounts receivable (AR) automation solutions and next-generation B2B payments network make billing and payments easier for enterprises, increasing efficiencies, accelerating cash flow, and dramatically improving the customer experience.
Founded in 2006, the company has grown into a global network of 9,000+ clients and 1,000,000+ users handling 40+ million new invoices and driving $60+ billion in global payment volume annually.
Versapay goes beyond traditional AR automation to deliver customer-driven experiences. The results? Versapay’s clients benefit from improved payment times and stronger customer relationships with an over 80% portal adoption rate.
Owned by Great Hill Partners, Versapay is based in Toronto with offices in Atlanta and Miami.
Think you might be the next Veep to join? Read on!!
⭐️ We obsess over our customers.
⭐️ We help each other.
⭐️ We embrace diversity.
⭐️ We find better ways.
⭐️ We get things done.
⭐️ We own it.
How you’ll have a massive impact here – and on your career:
As the Director of Payments Sales, you will be responsible for developing and managing a team of Payments AEs converting leads from strategic relationships with Netsuite, Microsoft, and Sage Intacct and their associated Value Added Resellers (VARs) to grow new bookings and revenue for Versapay. In this role, you will own the Payments Team annual revenue number and be responsible for growing the organization while influencing the Partner sales strategies for growth of our ERP and VAR partnerships. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including partner, software sales, marketing, product development, and finance, to drive the growth and success of our Payments Sales Team. This role requires Payments specific experience, a deep understanding of B2B Payments and their ERP and VAR ecosystems, and a keen ability to identify and cultivate mutually beneficial partnerships. Reporting to the Vice President of Sales & Business Development, you will also have a key influence on all aspects of our partnership program and how we execute successful partnerships.
What you'll do:
- Coach and executive sponsor a team of highly skilled and passionate Payments Sales Representative responsible for closing deals referred by VARs and Strategic Partner Sales Teams to maximize sales
- Deploy best-in-class sales strategies and processes, and co-create and execute the blueprint for the team’s success
- Act as the primary point of contact for Payments prospects’ inquiries, concerns, and escalations.
- Negotiate high value payments agreements and terms to ensure favorable terms for both our Customers and Versapay.
- Maintain a deep level of understanding of our ERP Partner programs and how we advance to top tiers to ensure Versapay is a strategic partner to Netsuite, Microsoft, and Sage Intacct
- Collaborate with partner team to leverage partner relationships to meet bookings targets and develop joint marketing initiatives, co-selling opportunities, and co-development projects.
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and operating mechanisms to continuously measure the success and effectiveness of partnerships.
- Monitor sales team performance and track progress towards achieving target
- Provide regular reports and updates to senior management on sales activities and outcomes including leads passed, conversion rates, pipeline generated, and pipeline closed.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Collaborate with the product development team to ensure product-market fit and that our integrations are working effectively for our mutual clients.
What you'll bring to the team:
- Required Experience
- 10+ years of experience working for a fast-paced Fintech SaaS or Payments company.
- 5-7 years of experience in Payments Sales
- 3-5 years of experience leading a Payments Sales Team
- B2B Payments expertise as an ISO or Payfac – deep knowledge of all elements of the payments sales process from statement analysis to quoting and through application and account staging.
- Driving sales and a proven track record building relationships and targeting key decision makers to push opportunities and partnerships forward.
- Working with and leading virtual teams across functions and geographies.
- Creating operational rigor, identifying and replicating core KPIs
- Partnerships in Fintech industry a plus.
- About You
- Passion for Sales and all things Payments related
- Excellent at building strong relationships and collaborating with others.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, opportunities, and personalities across the deal cycle.
- Problem-solving mentality, you leverage internal and/or external resources, resolve conflicts and follow through with partners.
- Naturally curious and confident, you love to ask questions, listen, and learn from conversations; then use that to evangelize how innovative fintech solutions can help partners and prospects on their path to digital transformation.
- Well organized, you manage lots of moving pieces at once, often coordinating internal teams to bring the best that Versapay can offer to your clients.
- A bias toward action, you love to dive in and get stuff done.
- Comfortable working with people at any level in the organization, you nurture them as needed, and become a trusted advisor.
- A competitive attitude with experience crushing a sales quota, you love closing deals!
All of our Veeps live out our core values:
We look for excellence: individuals that are better than we are and not only meet our values but bring value to our teams.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. Think you have what it takes, but not sure you check every box? Apply to the role anyways. We’d love to talk and determine together whether you could be a great fit!
We are committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and accessible. Versapay is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without discrimination. Please let us know if accommodation for the recruitment/interview process is required and we will work with you to make sure your needs are addressed.