Financial Analyst, Payment Settlement Reconciliations
IT, Accounting & Finance
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
About Versapay 🚀
Versapay is the leader in Collaborative Accounts Receivable. The Versapay Collaborative AR Network is the first solution that empowers the genius of teams by bridging the gap between suppliers and buyers through a shared, digital experience. Versapay’s accounts receivable (AR) automation solutions and next-generation B2B payments network make billing and payments easier for enterprises, increasing efficiencies, accelerating cash flow, and dramatically improving the customer experience.
Founded in 2006, the company has grown into a global network of 9,000+ clients and 1,000,000+ users handling 40+ million new invoices and driving $60+ billion in global payment volume annually.
Versapay goes beyond traditional AR automation to deliver customer-driven experiences. The results? Versapay’s clients benefit from improved payment times and stronger customer relationships with an over 80% portal adoption rate.
Owned by Great Hill Partners, Versapay is based in Toronto with offices in Atlanta and Miami.
Think you might be the next Veep to join? Read on!!
⭐️ We obsess over our customers.
⭐️ We help each other.
⭐️ We embrace diversity.
⭐️ We find better ways.
⭐️ We get things done.
⭐️ We own it.
How You'll Make an Impact Here, and in Your Career:
The Financial Analyst, Payment Settlement Operations will manage daily, weekly and monthly reconciliations across various issuing bank partners and processing partner relationships. The Payment Settlement Operations team oversees cash reconciliation and exception management across the company’s various payment portfolios. The Analyst will work with partners, networks and vendors to automate reconciliation processes and research out of balance items and other differences.
What You'll Do
- Perform payment settlement reconciliations using both automated reconciliation tool and excel spreadsheets.
- Assist in migration of manual reconciliations from spreadsheets to automated reconciliation tool.
- Assist in centralizing reconciliation & exception management across all products Versapay.com
- Work with complex ledger systems & display methodical approach to resolving exceptions within them.
- Monitor aging reports to support clean account reconciliation across products.
- Implement controls to eliminate/prevent discrepancies and communicate with internal/external stakeholders to resolve any queries.
- Maintain internal and external reporting – both routine and ad-hoc
- Responsible for safeguarding requirements in accordance with international regulations
- Communicate with payment providers, Versapay support team, financial institutions and vendors regarding payment processing issues and unreconciled items.
What You'll Bring to the Team
- You have hands-on experience with reconciliations in large ticket & ACH transaction environments, as well as Payment Facilitator solutions, preferably Infinicept, but not required.
- You have EXCELLENT level knowledge of Excel, and are comfortable working with large data sets, and enjoy making manual Excel processes more efficient. Familiarity with reconciliation tools that exist in market a plus.
- You have experience with exceptions management, such as chargebacks and ACH returns.
- You have database understanding and/or SQL skills and are familiar with navigating multiple systems/platforms/portal sites, etc. simultaneously to achieve your goal.
- You pay attention to the details, stay focused and are able to prioritize projects and responsibilities.
- Understanding of bank accounting functions impacting the general ledger and customer deposit accounts.
- You have a good working knowledge of the FinTech Industry, specifically Payment Facilitators, and the surrounding financial obligations.
All of our Veeps live out our core values:
We look for excellence: individuals that are better than we are and not only meet our values but bring value to our teams.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. Think you have what it takes, but not sure you check every box? Apply to the role anyways. We’d love to talk and determine together whether you could be a great fit!
We are committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and accessible. Versapay is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without discrimination. Please let us know if accommodation for the recruitment/interview process is required and we will work with you to make sure your needs are addressed.