Product Support Specialist
Product, Customer Service
Remote · Canada
Posted on Wednesday, August 2, 2023
About Versapay 🚀
Versapay is the leader in Collaborative Accounts Receivable. The Versapay Collaborative AR Network is the first solution that empowers the genius of teams by bridging the gap between suppliers and buyers through a shared, digital experience. Versapay’s accounts receivable (AR) automation solutions and next-generation B2B payments network make billing and payments easier for enterprises, increasing efficiencies, accelerating cash flow, and dramatically improving the customer experience.
Founded in 2006, the company has grown into a global network of 9,000+ clients and 1,000,000+ users handling 40+ million new invoices and driving $60+ billion in global payment volume annually.
Versapay goes beyond traditional AR automation to deliver customer-driven experiences. The results? Versapay’s clients benefit from improved payment times and stronger customer relationships with an over 80% portal adoption rate.
Owned by Great Hill Partners, Versapay is based in Toronto with offices in Atlanta and Miami.
Think you might be the next Veep to join? Read on!!
⭐️ We obsess over our customers.
⭐️ We help each other.
⭐️ We embrace diversity.
⭐️ We find better ways.
⭐️ We get things done.
⭐️ We own it.
Here’s how you’ll make a huge impact here – and on your career:
Our product helps to manage a mission-critical function to companies – AR, payments, cash app and cash flow (and much more). So you’ll be on a growing team that’s critical in delivering that for them and providing an exceptional experience to both our customers as well as interacting and servicing their end-users.
Versapay is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our growing team as a Customer Support Specialist. As the face of Versapay, you will be responsible for serving as the go-to for questions about our products with customers, diagnosing business or technical problems, and proposing data-driven solutions to help them adopt our products.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have 2-3 years of experience in a payments/product support role with familiarity in Accounts Receivable processes, payment processing, ERP, Billing, EIPP, and AR/AP systems being a bonus. You must also possess a resolute focus on the needs of the customer, high motivation, agility, curiosity, and collaboration, and be tech-savvy with a strong handle on web applications and other technologies (Versapay uses Salesforce, Jira, and other tools).
What you'll do:
- Be the face of Versapay: Serve as the go-to for questions about our products with customers by remaining calm under pressure, maintaining open communication channels and creating visibility internally when required.
- Solve problems: Support customers every day to diagnose business or technical problems, propose data-driven solutions and help them adopt our products. Track support case activity in an automated support portal.
- Ensure swift resolution: Provide payments support over the phone and via email, and provide coverage for occasional shift work by taking part in on-call rotations, after-hours maintenance activities and holiday support.
- Track and Troubleshoot: Troubleshoot the full-suite of products and payment-based transactions including third party payment processors and gateways. Trace transactions within Versapay systems to identify point of failure and handle remediation activities.
- Enable Others: Collaborate with support teams from Versapay ecosystem partners, provide technical expertise on client escalation calls, and help produce customer facing knowledgebase content.
What you'll bring to the team:
- Customer obsession: Resolute focus on needs of the customer above all. Views problems through the customer’s lens first, basing decisions and prioritization around their needs.
- Follow through: High motivation, bias to action and strong prioritization. Can work independently to bring all assigned work to completion with speed and accuracy.
- Agility: Highly adaptive in the face of ambiguous and complex problems, taking a flexible and open-minded approach to new challenges. Able to seamlessly alternate between various tasks and roll with the punches when things change.
- Curiosity: Driven to understand how things work, seek out sources of information and pick things up quickly. Able to dig deep and seek to understand the “why” with an eye on delivering stellar customer service and experience.
- Collaboration: Assertive with humility—able to lead change in a positive way. Takes pride in maintaining high standards for verbal and written communication, and always professional under pressure whether engaging with clients or colleagues.
- Tech savvy: Strong handle on web applications and other technologies (Versapay uses Zendesk, Salesforce, Jira, and other tools). Familiarity with API’s SQL, Atom, Github, JIRA, Sendgrid and New Relic.
- Payments Experience: Minimum 2-3 years of Payments and/or related industry experience.
All of our Veeps live out our core values:
We look for excellence: individuals that are better than we are and not only meet our values but bring value to our teams.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. Think you have what it takes, but not sure you check every box? Apply to the role anyways. We’d love to talk and determine together whether you could be a great fit!
We are committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and accessible. Versapay is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without discrimination. Please let us know if accommodation for the recruitment/interview process is required and we will work with you to make sure your needs are addressed.