Java Technology Lead
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Java Tech Lead to join our new development center in Cochin. In this role, you will manage a team of high-potential resources and contribute as a member of the Product team, building responsive websites for our prestigious clients/customers. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining web applications, ensuring code quality, and providing technical guidance to the team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Java development and a proven track record of leading successful projects. If you are passionate about technology and have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment, then this is the job for you!
This is a Remote/Hybrid position working out of our Cochin Development Center.
What will you do?
- Lead and coordinate development activities and be the anchor of technical expertise with internal and onsite technical teams.
- Java developer responsibilities include designing and developing web applications to deliver high-performance and responsive web applications.
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Work and communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Work with our global technology partner to deliver solutions to our clients.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited institution
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience in business or technology as a full stack developer.
- A passion and ability to learn new technologies. and exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Proficient in Java and Object-Oriented design patterns
- Knowledgeable with Relational and No-SQL Databases such as, MongoDB, MySql, etc.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with the following:
- Strong experience in Service/System Integrations for developing RESTful web services or APIs & implementing and utilizing third party Web services.
- Java frameworks such as Spring/Spring Boot and JSF
- TDD Development, such as JUnit testing practices
- Monolithic and microservice infrastructures concepts, standards, and deficiencies
- Agile Development Processes and Tools (Jira, Confluence, Scrum, etc.)
- Experience with Source Control tools, such as Git, automated build setup, and deployment procedures
- Have used systems that contain enterprise bus architecture. Example: Apache activemq, Kafka etc
- Proficient in navigating and debugging using linux platforms.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with onshore and offshore teams.
- Experience with Java Portal Specifications (JSR168/JSR 286) and Liferay Portal development(Liferay 6.1 / 6.2 / DXP) or similar Enterprise Java Portals like IBM Websphere etc.
- Experience in SSO authentication standards such as OAuth, SAML, OpenID
- Experience with OSGI framework
- Experience with MVC design pattern
- Experience with Hibernate/Spring frameworks
- Experience with code management tools, automated build setup, and deployment procedures (CI/CD using Jenkins/Git)
- Experience with Kubernetes development
- Experience with Elasticsearch/Kibana
- Experience with EHCache and cloud based Clustering.
- Experience with server administration and configurations (e.g webserver configurations like NGINX/Apache configuration and tweaking)
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Experience delivering technical design & architecture documentation.
- Experience in performance tuning and profiling a Java runtime.
What you can expect from Veriday:-
- An opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and talented Onshore and Offshore Developers.
- Professional development through learning and mentorship.
- An inclusive culture values your presence.
- Growth, Agility, Flexibility, and Autonomy at work.
- Dynamic, Fun-filled, and collaborative workplace maintains a great Life-Work balance.
We offer a competitive salary, remote working opportunities, and great people to collaborate with. If this job sounds perfect for you, please apply.