ventureLAB is a not-for-profit leading global founder community for hardware technology and enterprise software companies in Canada. Our organization is led by seasoned entrepreneurs and business leaders with decades of industry experience in building IP-rich start-ups, scale-ups, and global multinationals to help businesses scale. Located at the heart of Ontario’s innovation corridor in York Region, ventureLAB is part of one of the biggest and most diverse tech communities in Canada. Since 2011, ventureLAB has enabled over 2,000 tech ventures to create over 4,000 jobs and raise more than $200 million in investment capital through our initiatives focused on raising capital, talent retention, technology and IP commercialization, and customer acquisition. Together with our community of entrepreneurs, innovators, investors, and partners, we enable technology startups to accelerate the commercialization of transformational products on a global scale. ventureLAB is home to the Hardware Catalyst Initiative — Canada’s only lab and incubator for hardware and semiconductor-focused companies. At ventureLAB, we grow globally competitive tech titans that build-to-scale in Canada — for global markets.
We grow globally competitive tech titans that build-to-scale in Canada.
Born Global. Built to Scale. Inclusive by Design. Inspire a new generation of global founders who choose Canada to scale IP-rich tech titans creating innovative hardware and scale-ready enterprise software solutions that transform communities and establish a blueprint for a more sustainable, inclusive tech ecosystem.
Our Values — Team RIVIR
- Relentless: We are tenacious and resilient. We follow through and remove roadblocks so together we succeed and go further.
- Inclusive: We are empathetic, open-minded and collaborate respectfully so that we build trust with each other and value diverse opinions, ideas and perspectives to learn and make better decisions.
- Visionary: We inspire bold futures with our founders, team, partners and community by challenging each other respectfully and thinking differently.
- Innovative: We celebrate ingenuity and empower the team to create new ideas, processes and strategies. We are curious and resourceful by asking questions for clarity.
- Results: We are proactive and plan. We are accountable and focused. We are direct and transparent through fact-based discussions.
ventureLAB is made up of passionate, driven individuals, and is growing quickly. It is a fast-paced, flexible environment where individual contributors make a big difference and work collaboratively to achieve shared goals. We are proud to be one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a Great Place to Work®.
Reporting to the Director Programs, this role will work closely with a number of internal and external stakeholders to develop and implement effective programming for our growth and scale ventures, while ensuring an exceptional experience for all of our clients.
This role will specifically oversee and help scaling HCI streams within our current Hardware Catalyst Initiative program, Canada’s only lab and incubator for hardware and semiconductor companies.
ventureLAB seeks resourceful team members who are comfortable dealing with ambiguity, juggling multiple priorities, and taking a proactive approach to problem solving in a fast-paced environment. You possess effective communication and collaboration skills and operate as a team player. You are a constant learner who applies curiosity and a growth mindset in your interactions with others and in your work.
The Program Coordinator, Hardware Catalyst Initiative will:
- Work collaboratively across the organization to deliver on ventureLAB’s strategic objectives, and Programs team-specific goals and targets.
- Provide administrative and operational support required to ensure the efficient and effective management of the Hardware Catalyst Initiative program.
- Working closely with the Founder Services team to help document, monitor and ensure accountability of program clients in achieving their key milestones.
- Working closely with the Marketing team to identify and communicate client success stories, trends and new developments.
- Manage key initiatives, programming, and special events, including but not limited to: liaising with various stakeholders and funders, creating appropriate communications, managing virtual event logistics and registration, and working with Marketing on promotional activities.
- Ensure all the metrics and records are accurately updated within Salesforce on a timely basis, and that relevant reports and program dashboards are created to measure impact and provide valuable insights to management and other relevant stakeholders.
- Facilitate workshops and other programmatic activities including events and curate educational content and opportunities available to technology entrepreneurs for our various newsletters and and across other platforms for our global founder community.
- Maintain knowledge of ventureLAB programs and act as a key ambassador through external event participation, speaking and other public engagements.
- Actively engage with entrepreneurs to better understand their needs, and offer programming and event recommendations based on observations and client conversations.
- Attend events both virtual and in-person to represent ventureLAB and the founder community as needed.
- Engage in extensive ecosystem networking to identify and engage potential partners, and other relevant associations with the aim of fostering collaborations and driving impact and outcomes for our companies.
- Undertake continuous professional development and keep abreast of industry trends, news, and ecosystem opportunities.
- Other duties as required.
- A post-secondary degree in public administration, business, entrepreneurship, or a related field, with 2-3 years of related program development, stakeholder relations and/or venture management experience
- Superior project and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with startup and investment ecosystem
- Demonstrates great interpersonal skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail while possessing the ability to prioritize effectively and handle competing priorities
- Strong service mentality and a great team player
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and G-Suite
- Experience working with Salesforce, Eventbrite, Zoom, or Asana is an asset
- Experience working with start-ups is an asset
How to Apply
Apply by January 31, 2024 to email@example.com quoting “Program Coordinator, Hardware Catalyst Initiative – Job ID 202343 ” in the subject line. Include your resume, salary expectations, and a brief note telling us why you’d be a great addition to the ventureLAB team. Early submissions are encouraged as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
At ventureLAB, we value diversity, inclusion, and respect. Diverse experience, perspectives, and backgrounds bring great ideas and create stronger teams — we embrace it, because we know that by including everyone, we all thrive. Accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Response to COVID-19
Effective December 1, 2021, all newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination (first and second dose) against COVID-19 of a vaccine currently approved by Health Canada or provide documentation to support an exemption based on grounds covered by the Ontario Human Rights Act (i.e. medical exemption).