Senior Software Developer
At Vendasta, we believe in helping great local businesses survive and thrive in a world that's more competitive than ever and were growing our team! This is an opportunity to join a growing team and directly impact local economies worldwide. In a world where local businesses all over the globe have had their livelihoods turned upside down, Vendasta continues to help them embrace digital solutions and flourish. Keep reading if you'd like to join us on our mission to support small businesses all over the world.
About the Job, Developers at Vendasta work in teams, working with Product Managers and Designers to create new features and products. Our Research and Development department works hard to help developers learn, grow, and experiment while at work. With a group of over 100 developers, we have fostered an environment that provides developers with the opportunity to continuously learn from each other. The ideal candidate will demonstrate that they are bright and can tackle tough problems while being able to communicate their solution to others. They are creative and can mix technology with the customer's problems to find the right solution. Lastly, they are driven and will motivate themselves and others to get things done. As an experienced Software Developer, we expect that you will grow into a thought leader at Vendasta, driving better results across our development organization. We are looking for a candidate who fits one of these personas:
- The Expert: You are an expert in one of these technologies: Cloud Native Computing, GoLang, or Frontend using Angular. You know the right patterns and techniques to make things simpler for your colleagues and more reliable for our customers.
- The Mentor: You have experience delivering high-quality solutions. You love to take that experience and level up the intermediate developers around you to help them become senior developers too.
- The Shipper: You excel at taking great ideas from nothing to usable prototypes. You know which corners to cut now so that as the idea takes off it will be easy to improve and scale.
- The Generalist: You have worked on multiple and varied large projects. When there is a tough problem your experience will allow you to find a workable solution because it is similar enough to something you have done before.
- Develop software in teams of 3-5 developers, with the ability to take on tasks for the team and independently work on them to completion.
- Follow best practices to write clean, maintainable, scalable, and tested software.
- Contribute to the best engineering practices, including the use of design patterns, CI/CD, maintainable and scalable code, code review, and automated tests.
- Provide inputs for a technical roadmap for the Product Area. Ensure that the NFRs and technical debt get their due focus.
- Work collaboratively with Product Managers to design solutions (including technical roadmap) that help our Partners connect digital solutions to small and medium-sized businesses.
- Analyzing and improving current system integrations and migration strategies.
- Interact and collaborate with our high-quality technical team across India and Canada
Skills and Qualifications
- 8+ years experience in a related field with at least 6+ years as full stack developer in an architect or senior development role
- Experience or strong understanding of high scalability, data-intensive, distributed Internet applications
- Software development experience including building distributed, microservice-style and cloud-based application architectures
- Proficiency in modern software language, and willingness to quickly learn our technology stack
- Preference will be given to candidates with a strong Go (programming language) experience, and who can demonstrate the ability to build and adapt web applications using Angular. Experience in designing, Building and Implementing cloud-native architectures (GCP preferred).
- Experience working with the Scrum framework
Technologies We Use
- Cloud Native Computing using Google Cloud Platform
- BigQuery, Cloud Dataflow, Cloud Pub/Sub, Google Data Studio, Cloud IAM, Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL, Cloud Spanner, Cloud Datastore, Google Maps Platform, Stackdriver, etc.… We have been invited to join the Early Access Program on quite a few GCP technologies.
- Elasticsearch, MySQL, PostgreSQL
So what do we actually do? We create an entire platform full of digital products & solutions that help small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) have a stronger presence online through digital advertising, online listings, reputation management, website creation, social media marketing … and much more! Our platform is used exclusively by channel partners, who sell products and services to SMBs, allowing them to leverage us to scale and grow their business. Were trusted by 65,000+ channel partners, serving over 6 million SMBs worldwide!
- Benefits - Health insurance
- Vacation - Minimum 3 weeks paid vacation per year
- Training & Career Development - Professional development plans, leadership workshops, mentorship programs, and so much more!
- Culture - comprised of our core values: Drive, Innovation, Respect, and Agility
- Provident Fund