Strategic Alliance Manager
This is a flexible position and has the option of working in our Toronto office full time, hybrid throughout the week or working entirely remotely. #LI-Remote
About the role:
Vena Solutions is looking for a dynamic and experienced Alliance Manager to lead and manage our multi-faceted partnership with Microsoft across multiple programs. This role sits on Vena’s global ecosystem team and reports to the Senior Director, Ecosystem. In this highly visible role, you will be a key driver and contributor to Vena’s short- and long-term success with Microsoft and the Microsoft ecosystem. You will be responsible for crafting and managing the joint business plan, ecosystem growth plays, and driving other business development initiatives within the Microsoft partnership and ecosystem strategy such as partner acquisition, marketplace, and co-sell. Your ability to partner internally across Vena’s functional organizations to ensure alignment with, commitment to, and execution of our partnership strategy and related plans with Microsoft is paramount for success in this role.
What you will do:
- Own and manage Vena’s partnership with Microsoft across multiple programs and go-to-market initiatives
- Collaboratively craft and drive comprehensive strategies and related business plans to achieve our corporate objectives and revenue growth goals related to Microsoft
- Build trusted, productive relationships with key Microsoft stakeholders and increase Vena’s relevance with and value to Microsoft’s Sales, Marketing, and Product Teams
- Establish and facilitate cross-functional alignment between respective Vena and Microsoft stakeholders for plan execution
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders across Vena’s Marketing, Partner, and Sales teams to deepen engagement with Microsoft’s ecosystem of System Integrators, Service Partners, Technology (ISV), and Solutions Partners to maximize results
- Prepare and manage plans, executive summaries, updates and education in shared PowerPoint decks and presentations to small groups and company-wide
- Manage and track all project management and progress through Asana
- Partner with Operations, Enablement, Finance and Legal to operationalize effective execution of strategy and related business plans
- This position will require occasional travel to ecosystem events, meetings with Microsoft, and travel to the Vena offices in Toronto
Does this sound like you?:
- 5+ Years in Partnerships, Alliances, Business Development roles
- 3+ Years of Strategic Partner Management inclusive of very large software technology leaders such as Microsoft, Amazon, Sage, Oracle, or Salesforce
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics ecosystem highly preferred
- Deep understanding of SaaS-based business models, marketplaces, and co-selling with Microsoft or similar
- Extraordinary communication and interpersonal skills across all levels of the organization
- High degree of resourcefulness, tenacity, flexibility and adaptability with strong negotiation and prioritization skills
- Strong business acumen, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to partner and collaborate at all levels of the organization
- Proven reputation as a contributor who exemplifies and fits with Vena’s core values of Customer Trust, One Team, Respect & Authenticity, Execution Excellence
Not checking every box?
Sounds like the job for you, but you don’t think you have what it takes on paper? Reach out to us anyway! We’re aware that members of marginalized groups typically apply only when they check every box. Vena is an inclusive workplace that considers all applicants. We value diversity—in professional backgrounds and in experiences—and are committed to providing equal opportunity and a sense of belonging for all employees and applicants. Let’s discover together whether you could be a great fit at Vena.
Why choose Vena?
- Total Rewards: Grow with Vena and celebrate its success with our Employee Stock Option Program (ESOP). We look ahead and invest in your future with our Retirement Savings Matching Program. We also provide comprehensive health benefits through our employer group plan effective from day one.
- Unique Culture: Join us in our ongoing commitment to build a diverse and inclusive workplace. Every voice, action and idea matters at Vena.
- Career Growth: We invest in your job training, professional development and continuing education and offer an Education Subsidy. Pursue your interests and chart your growth towards a new position on your current team or a new one. Vena had 240+ employee promotions and internal moves to new roles in 2022!
- Executive Leadership: Be inspired by our executive leadership as they lead and motivate our team.
- Read what employees say about working at Vena!
Please note: All interviews will be conducted using Zoom. We believe everyone should get to work from a location that suits their job and lifestyle the best, whether that is at home, in office, or a hybrid.