Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
This is a flexible position and has the option of working in our Toronto office full time, hybrid throughout the week or working entirely remotely. #LI-Remote
About the role:
Vena Solutions is looking for a FP&A Manager to own the end to end financial planning & analysis responsibilities supporting the Product and Technology function. This individual will be accountable for leading all FP&A business partner initiatives with senior leadership, including the annual planning and agile forecasting processes, and supporting data driven business decisions. This role will be the business partner and strategic support to senior management. Key responsibilities include agile planning, performing business analysis, being a key contributor to board presentations and financial presentations, participating in cross functional initiatives, and having expert knowledge of R&D capacity, Cloud Hosting costs and drivers, Product ROI. The successful candidate is always thinking about driving continuous improvement. This person leads process improvement efforts and thrives in collaborative work settings.
What you will do:
- Own end-to-end business partner relationship with the key functions they are supporting
- Be the expert and understand the key drivers of the job function they are supporting. Leads and contributes to development of objectives to help achieve company goals.
- Deliver month-end results and variances in a timely manner; Prepare and analyze, and present monthly management financial and KPI reporting
- Convey advanced information in a way that is easily understood by diverse stakeholders and can help drive decisions and results
- Own the administration of Top Down and Bottom Up Vena 4 Vena models for their job function
- Deliver ad hoc reporting and analysis; uncover key areas of opportunity; support key business decisions and initiatives
- Establish best practices and identify critical areas for improving Vena 4 Vena financial models; Maintain and improve established business models and find areas for improvement and automation
- Owner and facilitator in their job function’s annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes; Ensure stakeholders have key insights to help them make the best decisions
- Key administrator in annual budgeting and quarterly agile forecasting cycles
- Work collaboratively with cross-function senior leaders to help drive an effective business
- Other projects and assignments as required
Does this sound like you?:
- 8 years’ experience working in Finance
- Strong communication and influence skills, comfortable collaborating with senior leadership and works effectively cross-functionally in a team environment
- You are an Excel wizard and are able to use your modeling and analysis skills to uncover important business insights
- Working in new technology comes easy to you; Experience working in various CRMs, ERPs, has a good understanding in SaaS business and strong understanding of the R&D function
- Delivers insights from the numbers and data that drive business decisions
- Thrives in a high-growth dynamic organization; adapts to business needs and drives effective change management
- Has sound planning, forecasting, problem-solving, analytical, financial modeling and technical skills; able to drive operational excellence
- Great coach; able to help and teach team members best practices so they can achieve great results
Not checking every box?
Sounds like the job for you, but you don’t think you have what it takes on paper? Reach out to us anyway! We’re aware that members of marginalized groups typically apply only when they check every box. Vena is an inclusive workplace that considers all applicants. We value diversity—in professional backgrounds and in experiences—and are committed to providing equal opportunity and a sense of belonging for all employees and applicants. Let’s discover together whether you could be a great fit at Vena.
Why choose Vena?
- Total Rewards: Grow with Vena and celebrate its success with our Employee Stock Option Program (ESOP). We look ahead and invest in your future with our Retirement Savings Matching Program. We also provide comprehensive health benefits through our employer group plan effective from day one.
- Unique Culture: Join us in our ongoing commitment to build a diverse and inclusive workplace. Every voice, action and idea matters at Vena.
- Career Growth: We invest in your job training, professional development and continuing education and offer an Education Subsidy. Pursue your interests and chart your growth towards a new position on your current team or a new one. Vena had 240+ employee promotions and internal moves to new roles in 2022!
- Executive Leadership: Be inspired by our executive leadership as they lead and motivate our team.
- Read what employees say about working at Vena!
Please note: All interviews will be conducted using Zoom. We believe everyone should get to work from a location that suits their job and lifestyle the best, whether that is at home, in office, or a hybrid.